KEF LS60 via Chromecast-streaming 192.168.2.8

My ROON tested KEF LS60 plays via Chromecast-streaming 192.168.2.8 (see picture). Is that correct? When the answer is “no”, how I put it in the right way?

Thanks foor your help!

Yes roon tested for airplay and chromecast, you can use either.

No the LS60 should also be Roon Ready which will use Roons RAAT protocol and is much better than using Roon tetsed connection methods. Have you updated the speakers to be on the latest firmware as they need this to get Roon Ready. You may need to also reboot your core. Also ensure that Roon core PC and the Kefs are on the same subnet of your network they should share the same 3 digits of the ip address.

3 Likes

They are according to the partner matrix

2 Likes

I bought the KEF LS60s about a month ago and it did require a firmware update to get Roon Ready working. This can be done through the settings on the KEF app. I can’t remember whether I also had to reboot Roon. I found the process fairly easy.

They are fabulous speakers.

1 Like

Thank for your help, but the LS60’s has the latest firmware update 1.3, see picture. I really don’t know how to fix it. I use now playing by AirPlay 2.0.

Yes, they are fabulous speakers (when using ROON Ready).

Try a factory reset.

My next suggestion would be to turn off the speakers, reboot Roon and then turn on the speakers. You may have already done that.

1 Like

Something on your network is likely blocking them from being discovered. Check out Roons FAQ on best networking practices. But also a reboot of your network gear can also trigger it to be discovered.

1 Like

Yes! The solution: power off and power on! Thanks for your advices.

3 Likes