KEF LSX and Ropieee - cannot group?

Hi, I have a pair of KEF LSX and an Allo DigiOne Signature running Ropieee, both connected using wifi. I’m not able to group these two zones together, is that a limitation in one or both of the hardware devices?

Versions
Core: 1.7 (build 710)
ropieee 1.7 (build 571)

Following, there’s an excerpt from Roon’s knowledge base about zone grouping to probably answer your question more elegantly than I could put it into words…

Roon supports Zone Grouping , or synchronizing audio playback in several zones within your house. Zones can only be grouped with other zones of the same type , meaning Squeezebox zones cannot be grouped with RAAT zones, Meridian zones can’t be grouped with Airplay zones, etc. Not all technologies support grouping, but the most commonly used options do. These are the types of zones within which grouping is possible:

Thanks Marin - and as I understand it from my subsequent reading, Ropieee supports RAAT whilst the KEF LSX does not, and therefore they cannot be grouped. A shame!

Michael a little Pi4 attached to the LSX via USB would allow this to happen, or even with a small HAT to feed it via SPDIF or Toslink (can’t remember if LSX has USB)

I suppose it’s down to how much cost is worth to you. But you could be talking around $€£120 including a decent case if USB supported

Regards

Mike