KEF LSX audio profile saving problem

Hello, I have KEF LSX speaker and just bought a subwoofer Kube 8b to add more bass.
But I struggle to apply permanently the settings in the KEF App. Let me explain, I created a profile in the KEF app with subwoofer box plugged ticked. Everything goes fine. But each time I switch off the KEF speakers and restart it, the profile adjustement I just did are not taken into account. The default profile is playing. I need to change the profile in the KEF app back to default and switch back to my adjusted profile to get it normally working. This is really frustrating . Anybody with KEF LSX experiencing the same thing? I was wondering if it could be related to the fact that Iā€™m streaming with Roon and not from the phone or KEF steaming app. I already reinstalled the KEF LSX firmware, removed all my audio profiles and created new ones, but it stays same issue. Thanks, David

I have the same exact problem. Iā€™ve got dual subwoofers hooked up with the lsx and the polarity needs to be in negative, each time the speakers are off and I turn them off the bass is weak even though in the app the polarity is showing negative as my selection however I need to toggle between positive and negative for it to work again (bass becomes louder).

Have you by any chance resolved the issue? Iā€™ve only had the speakers for a week.

Hey Amin, could you recreate the issue, and then go into the settings of the app and click ā€˜send logs and feedbackā€™ - this will bring up an email to send to our customer service team, along with the speaker logs so they can see whatā€™s happening on the coding level.

Hello, I just send one through. Once Iā€™ve saved the settings from kefs app do the speakers retain them regardless of network connectivity?.

I feel like when my phone or the speaker isnā€™t in range it looses the profile settings. Thanks

I canā€™t believe this post was in January 2019 and Iā€™ve recently purchased the LSX and Iā€™m also having the same problem.

Whatā€™s the point of making a great product with poorly designed app which the speakers are reluctant to?

And no, KEF support doesnā€™t help worse support ever in the speaker industry.

I have sold my pair of LSXs! Not all, but part of the reason was the less than perfect app/software. Many frustrations! I will not go into all the details. Just see this as a general caution to potential buyers!
But they will work without the ā€œsilly appā€, and that is a good thing.

1 Like

If you have a sub and want to fine tune the speakers for optimal sound, you will need to app. For basic users it will work without any issues if you donā€™t need to mess around with the app.

And that was the reason I sold them! Life is too short to live with constant frustrations!
I bought Genelec 8020D and a Presonus subā€¦moved on. Couldn`t be happier!

Good for you man. Thatā€™s all you can really do.

Hey Amin, no I didnā€™t get the issue resolved. I sent logs to KEF as it was also mentionned to you. After a while bug was fixed for a short time with a new app version, but it ended up coming back with the version after! Really frustrating.
I ended up selling the subwoofer. Kef answers are really slow and the app is really crappy.