KEF LSX - Lost Control after skipping ahead

Same issue for me. Playing a song, skip ahead in the track and it’s still working. Then click for next track and now lost control of the LSX.

• KEFs are connected to each other via Ethernet cable and it is configured in the app.
  • Ethernet from laptop roon core to ethernet switch and then ethernet to LSX.

Hi @Hugo_Sharp,

I have split up your post to it’s own thread so we can discuss this issue.

• Can you let me know the model/manufacturer of the network switch?
  • Is the behavior the same if you try connecting the KEFs via Ethernet to the router?
  • Next time this behavior occurs, can you let me know the exact local time in your country that it occurs at (e.g. 4:02PM on 4/24/19)?
  • Are you using the newest KEF firmware?

Thanks,
Noris

Thanks. Yep latest firmware and only via ethernet cable so far. Initially had the ethernet running straight to the modem and it was losing control after I skipped ahead. Just added 2 switches between the LSX and the router and it’s losing control now with no skipping preceding it. Just happened several times at 12:20pm Sun 28th April. I had to restart my mac twice and now appears stable.

Both switches are Netgear. One a GS105 ad one a GS108.

Hi @Hugo_Sharp,

Which of your cores were you using when the 12:20 timestamp occurred, I recall you had multiple? In the future please let me know the core alongside with timestamps so I can check the diagnostics for the proper core. Has the system been stable since then or are you still having issues with the KEFs losing control?

– Noris

Thanks. It was Home core at 12:20. (Though not sure if Roon’s clock is accurate. When i backup and then review the latest backup, it shows a time many hours out. When i restore at work it shows the correct time on the backup though.

I rebooted at Home and it has been stable since.

Hi @Hugo_Sharp,

Thanks for letting me know that things are stable again. If this issue re-appears do let me know.

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.