KEF LSX Pops and crackles

Similar issue here with random lost of audio device (Windows 10 and KEF LSX). I turned off the Sample Rate Conversion and moved my music directory from my Synology NAS to a local Samsung 970 PRO 1TB and it occurs less frequently. Playing around with the DSP Sample Rate Conversion led to issues when switching to the PC over the optical connection. PC would no longer play sound , pops and fizzles. I found that unplugging the speakers waiting 10 seconds would correct this issue.

Hi @Dorian_White,

How are you KEFs connected? Are they using the WiFi link or Ethernet to connect to the network?
Do you have an Ethernet cord between them and are they in Cable Mode? After you unplug them for 10 seconds and correct the issue, how long does it take for the issue to re-occur?

Thanks,
Noris

The KEFs are wired via Ethernet to the network and Ethernet between them. I use these as Computer Monitors on my desk. I stream Roon over the network vs using my Computer Drivers… As stated only when I play songs on Roon with DSP-Sample Rate Conversion with Max PCM Rate turned on then switch to the Computer on the optical connection do I experience the pops & fizzles form the speakers. I did figure out , I only have to unplug the Master Speaker for a second or two for it to recover. Seems like the internal DAC is not picking up on the source sample rate change…

Hi @Dorian_White,

That’s certainly strange. Are you certain that you have enabled “Cable Mode” for your KEFs? You would need to manually enable KEF Cable Mode even if they are connected via Ethernet and you can do this in the KEF Control app.

I wonder, are you able to reproduce this issue using the KEF stream app when streaming higher-res content? If you’d like to try out a few higher-resolution files you can download a few samples from the 2L test bench (http://2l.no/hires/index.html).

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.