KEF LSX Roon reduces volume in steps of 8 units until volume is less than 8

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

roon ROCK Version 1.0 Build 227 stable
roon server software Version 1.7 (build 610) stable
running on Intel NUC10i7FNH (BIOS Version 0044)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

all gigabit ethernet connections, no wifi
Cisco switch SG350-10 firmware version 2.5.5.47

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

KEF LSX firmware 4.1
KEF master/slave speakers connect by cable, too

Description Of Issue

roon or the KEF speakers seem to reduce the volume in steps of 8 units until the volume is below 8.
I believe there were no recent changes in the network setup (no firmware update on the KEF speakers, the Cisco switches). I can increase the volume via roon and/or via the KEF remote control, volumes is reduced automagically. (battery of remote control has been swapped for a new one, no change)

Behavior can be observed with roon clients (latest versions) on Mac OS X 10.15.6, IOS 14 on an iPad Pro and an iPhone 11

Need some hints how to debug (log files on roon server?)
Almost leaning towards accusing the KEF speakers (though no recent firmware updates were made)

roon server software restarted
roon rock rebooted
KEF LSX power cycled

no changes

Only seems to happen with the KEF LSX speakers (which werde running fine without issues for months).
Does not seem to happen with my second Zone, a Cocktail Audio X45Pro

any pointers, hints welcome

Talked with KEF support, they do suspect a technical defekt, so I am sending in the loudspeakers.

The LED of the loudspeaker flashed amber and red, which seems to indicate a technical defect.

Hi @pwo,

Thanks for letting us know that you are resolving this issue with KEF’s help!
If you need any further input from our end, please just let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.