KEF LSX won't play

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows10, Microsoft Surface i5, Roon v1.7 build 610 **

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ubiquiti UniFi. Core is wired.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

KEF LSX

Description Of Issue

For the last month, my KEF LSX fail to work with Roon. They do not show up any longer as a Roon supported device. They do show up as an Airplay 2 Device but when I hit play, nothing happens and Roon stops trying to play. I just reset the LSX including the firmware and have the same exact behavior. Nothing has changed with my network topology.

Hello @Scooter, and thanks for your report! Can you elaborate on how the KEF is connected to your core? Is there anything between your core and the router?

You got them in a 5ghz network? Do a factory reset. I own two pairs and they work very reliable in roon.

I wrote a long response of all of the things I tried and just deleted it… I might have found the problem (network related)… will let you know.

1 Like

I picked these speakers up this week and was having a similar issue getting the native roon endpoint to show but Airplay was there and a non-issue. A reboot of my roon server (Win10 machine) seems to have fixed it for now. My system is all wired as well on the network and my LSX are also wired together. FWIW they sound pretty great in Airplay mode as well … but my preference like yours is for the native Roon output.

I was also having trouble getting MQA content to play consistently without dropouts. While I know the LSX are not MQA certified I expected them to scale appropriately but it wasn’t until this evening I flipped one toggle off which seems to have help make that now work perfectly as well. In advanced device setup, turn Enable MQA Core Decoder to No. Not sure why it was on but it was definitely causing some pain.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.