Lake 26 or Lake 44 as Roon endpoint

I am considering the replacement of my active crossover with a Lake 26. This Lake 26 is Dante compatible, and I would like to know if there is a chance that Roon could recognise this equipment as a player if it is connected to my network.

I hope I am posted in the right category…

Thank you in advance for your help !

Dominique

Roon uses its own RAAT protocol and is does not support Dante devices (nor Ravenna) as network endpoints. The device in question would need to support Roon’s protocol.

A direct connection from Roon would require RAAT on the device (as Daniel says above), however there is a Dante Virtual Soundcard that could be used. You’ll have to research if the DVS is suitable for your use though. DVS presents itself as an ASIO interface (on Windows) and will follow varying sample rates on Roon’s output, but Dante devices does not support automatic sample rate changes. You’d have to re-sample to a single rate in Roon.

Thank you for your feedback. I will explore in the direction of this Dante Virtual Soundcard.

Dominique

So I understand that if I install Dante Virtual Soundcard on my Mac mini, I can select this soundcard from the Mac where I have an instance of Roon installed.

But the option to play via the virtual soundcard will probably not be available from the my Ropieee…

Dominique

Sorry for the late response here…

No, you will only be able to play Dante through the PC DVS is installed on. AFAIK Dante does not provide Linux versions so RoPieee (and the like) will not work. I believe there is a Ravenna (Merging) ALSA driver for Linux, but I do not know if it’s suitable for RoPieee. Would be nice if it did. RAAT bridged to Ravenna. Wow…

Thank you so much! The anser is very clear…

Dominique