LAN has different IP range than WiFi

My System runs 192.168.1 for LAN and ROON is Wired then WIFI runs 192.168.68 So With my wifi unites, Phone, laptop, iPad cannot find the Roon server that is on a different range.

I cannot change the ranges, is any solution available?

Thanks

Hi @David_Muzy,

In order for Roon to work properly you will need to have all devices on the same IP range. So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

I too had this problem. The only solution for me was to have my Roon ROCK run wirelessly instead of being hardwired to the network. Then everything was in the same range and everything was seen.

@support

ISP MODEM-Wired Router on 192.168.1.xx- Google WIFI on 192.168.86.xx.

ROON Server is wired and clientes are wireless. Clients won’t see server.

Hi @David_Muzy,

Are you using Google WiFi in a mesh configuration or do you have a single Google WiFi device as an access point? If you’re not using a mesh configuration you can set the Google WiFi device into Bridge Mode which should resolve this for you.

Alternatively you can connect your Core machine directly to the main Google WiFi router instead of your ISP provided router so it is on the same range as the WiFi devices.

Mesh…

Is any other option than connecting Roon to the Google WIFI router directly?

Hi @David_Muzy,

As mentioned above, Roon requires that your devices all be on the same subnet for things to work properly. In this case, since you’re using Google WiFi in a mesh configuration, connecting your Core to the Google WiFi network will be necessary here.

Ok. The NAS has several Network Card, I connect the 2nd one to the Google WIFI and Roon works now. Not sure if all the other services have changed or not. Thanks!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Error when playing to KEF LS50W

I’m using different IP ranges for LAN and WiFi. It works with ROCK using Ethernet and a WiFi dongle. ROCK lets you set network settings separately for wired and wireless networks.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.