MacOS 12.6, router Zyxel/Centurylink C3000z

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Google Nest one router, 3 points for the mesh. no built in VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Trying to setup for ARC. getting this message:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“71.36.XXX.XXX”,“router_external_ip”:“192.168.0.2”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.86.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

Trying to set up port forwarding. Modem is asking for starting and ending port.
Not sure what to put for ending port.

Any other help appreciated!

Support will chime in here, but I’m afraid with ur current ISP situation, port forwarding (the technique that Roon ARC uses to connect to ur core when out and about), is not viable.

You might want to reach out to ur ISP and inquire about getting a public ip address.

I have the exact same issue, my ISP is Plusnet in the UK.

Just to query, do you mean a static IP address is needed?

No. Any public ip address would do. A static or a dynamic one. But just to clarify: let’s wait for support to chime in.

1 Like

I am able to run Plex from my NAS without problems

Please check if your ISP uses DSLite on your WAN.
DSLite will appear as multipleNAT in the errorlog.

No DSLite, VDSL2 Bonding

I am running a Google nest setup with three points besides the router. I have reserved a static IP address for the Nucleus, but I’m not sure what to put for internal and external ports. I can’t put the Google router into bridge mode, or I’ll lose the nest set up.

Hi @Zoren ,

Thanks for your patience here.

This indicates that you have two routers in your setup, I suspect this device is acting as the second router, not just a modem:

I agree, you should instead put the Centrylink into Bridge mode, that way you can keep your Google configuration. Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.