Laptop no longer appearing as endpoint

Core is Nucleus build 1.7 (571)
I usually use my laptop (Acer Predator Win 10) or ipad as remotes and listen on a Chord Hugo2/ 2go unit or via Denon receiver or sonos speakers.

My laptop used to appear as an optional endpoint but recently it does not appear. The Hugo, receiver and sonos speakers are all still available and the laptop appears as a “Remote” next to the Nucleus “Core” on the ‘About’ page of the settings.

I sometimes want to listen to music directly from my laptop as I was able to in the past but am unable to while it is not appearing as one of my endpoint options. Any suggestions?

Hi @john_taylor1,

It sounds like you could be running into an issue with the firewall on the Windows laptop.

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

Hi Noris. Thanks for the response.
both roon.exe and raatserver.exe appear twice in my allowed applications list, once each for public and private.
in both cases, the private one is the one with a tick next to the name on the left. Is this the correct set-up?

Hi @john_taylor1,

I would remove both RAATServer.exe and Roon.exe and then press “Allow another app…” and manually specify them from the %localapplicationdata%/Roon path

looks like it worked. thanks a bunch

1 Like

Happy to hear that re-adding the exceptions resolved the issue @john_taylor1!
If you run into any other difficulties, just let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.