Laptop scrollpad causes roon remote to freeze (100% repeatable)

Dell XPS windows 7 Core Duo 4g of RAM.

Running roon remote only (no core/endpoint functionality)

Works fine with external keyboard and CRD, but with the built in trackpad any attempt at scrolling causes GUI to freeze.

Core is ROCK on an i7 NUC. Laptop is on google wifi. Endpoints don’t seem top matter (allo/CCA,RPI etc)

@support

Hi @Derek_Wyman,

Please accept our apologies for the troubles here.

I think the first step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

10:23 AM (EST)

Started playing “The trouble with love is” and then tried to scroll.

Did it a second time at 10:24

Hi @Derek_Wyman,

I met with the team to discuss your report here and have some next steps.

First, I’d like to get some additional information from you regarding what exactly you’re experiencing. When you say that the UI freezes, is this recoverable? Does the remote completely freeze/crash and is only fixed with a reboot / restart of Roon or does this recover after some time?

Upon review of the specs of the machine, it looks like this is likely happening because it’s an older, unsupported machine. Because this machine is quite a bit older and on an old OS, there may not be anything that can change here. What we’d like to recommend is seeing if there are any driver updates available. If there are new driver updates that may be able to help with the behavior you’re experiencing.

It will freeze temporarily and then come back in 30-45 seconds.

It’s not a big deal for me (most of the time this laptop is controlled remotely). just wanted to report the bug. Since it’s a pretty stock Dell figured it may impcat other users. I don’t *think it happened it 1.5.

I will check if there are any driver updates (unlikely). Will report back if i troubleshoot it anymore.

1 Like