Last Day of Trial - Constant "This track is not available"

So in the 2 weeks I have been using Roon, I don’t think a day has gone by without me getting this error message. Even if I have Qobuz open in the background, and can play songs fine, Roon will not let me play any song until I restart Roon, or wait maybe 10minutes.

I do have a Qobuz trial for the time being, not sure if that is important. Similar topics show this happens enough but no fix, or usually ends up being another issue.

Thank you all!

P.S. I want to add I am loving Roon and expect to keep using it, if I can fix this issue.

Edit, some more info:

This is playing Roon on my desktop which has the Roon Core installed.

Do you have just the free sign up as that does not allow streaming for 3rd party apps and you only get samples of albums as it’s for purchases mainly or did you sign up to a free trial period. Do you get this for all albums ? The only other time that would show up is if Qobuz have removed it from their service or changed the version Roon was linked to or it’s not available in your region ( Roon filers those out though), or it’s a prerelease album that sometimes only a few tracks are available until the final release date. Qobuz add them months earlier then the release date all the time.

If you have been playing by the Qobuz app it may be taking exclusive control of the pcs audio output which would stop Roon from being able to play anything temporarily until you stopped it but that would not come up weird that message about qobuz. Are you using any local files or just trying to stream if you have local files do they work ok?

Signed up for the free trial period, I have full access to the Qobuz selection.
I get the error occasionally for ALL albums, locally cached, or not. I do not have any local files. I can skip around a curated play list and nothing loads… then after restart or a few minutes everything works fine. These are older songs, nothing pre released or stuff like that.

I usually just go and open up Qobuz AFTER this error happens to see if Roon is the issue, and it is - Qobuz will work fine with the songs in question.

Edit: Just happened again. Booted up Qobuz worked fine. - restarting Roon got it working again.

In order to get Roon support you need to supply the info that was asked for in the form that was presented to you when you opened this thread in the support section.

The info -

Oh, actually, I was at the main page and chose the support category. Thank you for that!

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build) - Windows 10, 2700x and vega 56. build 1193 x64
  • Details on your Remote(s) N/A
  • Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured). Wired to router, router wired to modem.
  • Audio devices in use - topping D90LE → A90d
  • Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library) - All via Qobuz

Edit: Okay this issue seems to be very repeatable now. 3/3 times when i pause a song and walk away for ~5min and come back, it will not play.

What CPU are you using and how much RAM in your system?

Your Roon Core is using Ethernet, right?

While you’re waiting for Roon support to come along, try lowering the streaming quality, as an experiment.

BTW - Since you’ve been having this trouble, Roon will probably extend your trial.

Hi! It’s a Ryzen 2700x with 16gb of ram. Hardly any pc impact, its simply not loading.

Yes its ethernet. With my DSP its at 98x processing speed, and my internet is 500mbps and I’ve tested that while experiencing the issue.

It may just be Qobuz not playing nice.

On another note, when I favorite an album, I can heart the song but the icon that shows what is playing goes away. Not sure if that is intended.

To possibly narrow down what’s wrong.

By icon, if you mean the bars that dance up and down to the left of track that’s playing, that doesn’t happen on my Roon/Qobuz.

Welcome to the forum Corey.

Since this appears to be a network issue, it would be helpful if you could tell us a bit more:

What router model?
What modem?
Is there any other network equipment, access points, wifi extenders, managed switches, …?
If yes, which ones?

If you have a little time, you can also read here, maybe you come across something from your setup that could be the cause of the problem:

1 Like

Hey @Corey,

Ben with the support team here, thank you for your patience while we work through each thread and welcome to the community!

@xxx is correct here, I’d be happy to help get you some additional time to test out Roon if you’re still running into issues :pray:

I’d be curious to hear your follow up to @Axel_Lesch’s questions - they’ve set you up in the right direction. I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

Hi Benjamin!

Thank you for checking in. By coincidence or not, I have not had any issues recently. I feel that this was a Qobuz server issue, or possibly just a Roon issue, as after an update I have had no connectivity issues at all. Everything is working flawlessly!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.