Last.fm scrobble when no internet connection

Hi.

I just figured out that Roon scrobbling feature doesn’t have cache for played tracks when no internet connection is available. Other scrobblers store played track and send them to last.fm when connection is available again.

Can you confirm that it is not intended to work like that and can this improvement being added ?

Thank you.

Thanks for reaching out, @AdZero!

I’ve passed your report along to the technical team so that can take a closer look at this behavior here. I’ll be sure to let you know when I’ve received their feedback.

Thanks!
Dylan

Hey @AdZero,

I had a chat with the team about this today and confirmed that the behavior you’re seeing is currently the expected behavior here. We do not cache your plays and then send them over to Last.fm once you have a connection — They’re only sent when you have an internet connection at the time of playback.

Since this appears to be “working as designed” I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the 'feature request" section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

Thanks for your feedback here, we greatly appreciate it!