Lastest QNAP update hosed Roon - Can’t access any Roon Server

Roon Core Machine

QNAP TVS-872XT 5.0.0.1870, MacOS 11.6.2 iMac Pro (18 cpus, 128 GB Ram), Synology 1019+ DSM 7.0.1-42218

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet, Wifi

Connected Audio Devices

Oppo 203 Ethernet, iMac Ethernet, IOS Wifi

Number of Tracks in Library

Dunno as can’t access

Description of Issue

Posted in wrong forum so re-posting in Support.

Running the Roon app on my iPhone Roon prompted me to update my Roon Server on QNAP 5.0.0.1870. After the update received the message that the database was corrupt.

Followed instructions from

https://roononnas.org/de/qnap-2/

to delete the Roon server and reinstall from the QNAP app store. Did that, got version V2021-10-03.

I start Roon on the QNAP, hit open for Roon in the QNAP app center, and get the error

Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

Tried to use the Roon Server on my iMac. Roon on my iMac just gives me a “There was an issue loading your database” error. There is no way to point it to the iMac Roon server. Same thing for the Synology server, no way to point to it.

So I can’t access any of my 3 Roon servers. 1 has a corrupt database, the other 2 are inaccessible from the Roon app.

Hey @David_Moor,

We’re so very sorry about the trouble! If the database is indeed corrupted, a fresh install will not solve the issue, but a database reset.

Just to be sure, would you please grab a set of logs from your QNAP, zip up the entire folder and upload it in our drive?

Please, let us know once you’ve had a chance to do so, so our technical team can take a look :pray:

Rebeka -

Thanks for the reply. For reasons which aren’t clear it all of a sudden started working. There were some QNAP updates, Roon may have updated as well so I’m not sure what caused the change.

I do have another, maybe, relates issue. I backup up the database, I’m told that the backup is complete, but there are no backup files. When I try to set a scheduled backup I get an “invalid path specified” even though I specified it in the roon file browser.

Dunno how to upload the log files. Uploader won’t accept .txt or .zip files.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.