Latest 1.8 install will not run on my Macbook Pro

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mid-2012 MBP running OS X 10.15.7
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Google/Nest wifi

Description Of Issue

Roon has always run just fine on my Macbook Pro - until this update. The app opens but to a broken view that is frozen and "not responding.

I downloaded the latest version from the website to be sure it’s up to date.

This is the broken view I see every time it starts (essentially where I left off prior to the update a few days ago:

Roon works fine from my iPhone – just the Mac client is fubared.

On the computer you are using as a remote, go to your library by by holding down the option key while selecting the “Go” menu in your finder. Select library. Search for a folder called Roon. Rename that folder old-Roon and leave it there. Then try and reinstall Roon. Once Roon is installed amen sure it works and that nothing is missing from your library. You will have to reset some settings in Roon. This happened to me after 763 release and that is what I ended up doing. Let me know how it turns out

That’s great – I didn’t even have to re-install Roon. Just re-started the OS X desktop app and it’s working fine! As you said, just a few settings had to be changed. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Get @Bart001,

Thanks so much for reporting this issue and for engaging on our community - I couldn’t be happier that you’ve also found a solution here.

Thanks @AnimalOnDrums for the educated suggestion. We’re grateful :smiley: