Latest MQA/Masters from ECM not showing/syncing in Roon

The last Bobo Stenson’s album: “Contra La Indecisión” is seen twice by “search” from roon Browse->Tidal - but both are not MASTER…

The same with “Invisible Threads”, artists: John Surman, Nelson Ayres, Rob Waring - and few other albums…

I think that procedures that “pass through” TIDAL database to roon ought to be corrected.

I see the same thing happening with the 19/1/2018 batch of ECM releases: they are available in both redbook and MQA in the Tidal app – but only redbook shows in Roon.

Thickening the plot, I also am unable to bring them into Roon though the back door by favouriting them in the Tidal app and syncing in Roon.

@mike: Anything up with these releases?

1 Like

Given that the albums only appeared on the 19th, this is almost certainly just a delay from our getting the (non-API) TIDAL metadata and deploying it to the Roon metadata service. I realize that this can be frustrating, but the albums will be there soon. We are actively working on ways of reducing the lag.

2 Likes

Nah… Frustrating is too big a word. I’ve spent 48 years without these albums – a few more days won’t hurt.

The curious thing here is that these four albums were released on Tidal on the same day, in both PCM and MQA. All PCM versions have made it through, all MQA have not.

But let’s wait a few more days and see. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what I call pragmatic thinking. Well said!

The MQA version of Contra La Indecisión is there now (in the UK at least).

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hmmm… All this – and it’s MQA 44.1? :slight_smile:

Couldn’t agree more, I also believe that MQA is ridiculous. :smile:

On a serious note, roon is to function properly - no matter any jokes.

MQA is not about bit rates. It’s an end to end process analogous of the studio sound.

I don’t, but that’s a different matter.

So far, ECM releases in MQA have followed the ‘highest available format’ routine in 44.1, 48, 88.2 or 96kHz.

In this case, all four 19/1 releases are in MQA 44.1, while at least one of them (Bobo) is available for download in 24/96 (just bought it), so a better master is available.

1 Like

Well, color me stupefied… Bobo changed bitrates all by himself:

2 days ago:

today:

That’s a little scary, but at least it’s MQA -> MQA. If it ever converts non-MQA to MQA, the torches and pitchforks are going to come out.

1 Like