Latest Update Odd Behaviour

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
ROCK on a Intel NUC.

Since updating ROCK to latest version, DSD 256 has odd behaviour.
DAC is moon mind 280d with mind 2 streamer. Song is barely recognizable with loud popping noise sounds like pop corn popping?

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Unifi Dream Machine router.
Unifi 8 port switch.
Everything is hard wired.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Moon 280d DAC with the Mind 2 which is Roon Ready Certified.

Description Of Issue
See Dropbox

Hi @Outlaw,

The video you linked isn’t working for me. Can you try uploading it directly to https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/external/5dHjIc9hBXX-LVTzf

Can you also give us some details about your setup and share a screenshot of the signal path?

Thanks!

Okay I downloaded to that link

Router Unifi Dream machine.Dac is a Moon 280d with Mind 2 streamer which is Roon certified Dac hooked to Unifi 8 port switch.It is all hard wired.

Should i go into web page for Roon Rock and reinstall operating system ?

Hello @Outlaw,

Try a full (remove power cord) power cycle of the NUC and the 280D.

-John

okay will try that

No still same problem

Also tried reinstalling operating system on nuc with Roon no luck ?

I just know tried Roon on windows 10 PC same issue.This issue only started with last update to 710 ?

Any other ideas ???

Just tried with external ssd with dsd 256 files.DSP turned off still issue remains.I have spent all eve on this gotten no where.Very Frustrated.

Hello @Outlaw,

To the best of my knowledge nothing was changed in the area of DSD or audio playback in the update.

I’ve scheduled test time with our in-house 280D for tomorrow.

-John

Okay thanks.Didn’t change nothing on my end other then the update.

Also I can use HQPlayer with Roon and no issues with DSD 256

John,
I did a complete fresh install of ROCK on my NUC, it now seems to be working properly.
Fingers crossed.

Hello @Outlaw,

Glad to hear it’s working again, let us know if you run into further troubles.

-John

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.