Leaving Tidal at last

Spoofing is a different matter and getting away from that address probably the right thing to do. :slight_smile:

That’s what I figured.

Update - Tidal has now offered me the refund.

3 Likes

I am intrigued to know how their offer came about. Did they just contact you with the offer after a supervisor had possibly looked at the circumstances?

However it came about I think they have made good commercial decision to put customer service ahead of ‘terms and conditions’.

No contact from Tidal. Just a refund from PayPal for $19.99 as was my original request to Tidal.

Good customer service would suggest some sort of review or follow up process, but it is quite possible that as Roon is a portal into their world they take note of what is said here.

1 Like

Try as hard as I might – while I get video (720p) streaming fine from Netflix/Amazon/Kodi+Exodus… I cannot get 16/44.1 Streaming from Tidal/Roon without the dreaded stop/start and a rebuffering error. So, in the end, I just gave up. It’s just not worth the uncertainty of “will I get streamed audio today or not?” and constantly worrying about if music will stop/rebuffer/fail at a critical juncture.

I have a rural satellite broadband connection. Initially, I thought it was something to do with the latency, but the Tidal App and the Apple Music and Spotify Apps all worked fine so I just chalked it up to some aspect of Roon not working with Tidal, it’s my least favourite part of Roon, to be honest. It ruins the total experience.

This, imo, is a greatly underrated feature of Roon.

Yes it is. My fave use case is to run a full track data export and compare folder path with info with Roon artist & album info.

It is now rare but you may find a completely mis-identified album. Usually CD singles and EP’s.

Streaming Services feed my love of exploring new music.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents.
Sorry to see Mystic had such a problem working with Tidal
I have Tidal and Apple Music–Apple Music has a broader catalog and more stable portability.
If I find it on Apple and Tidal has it, I play it there.

Friday new albums (are they still?) are released (dropped!)
So since yesterday I have added new music from:

• Philippe Baden Powell
  • Becca Stevens
    -Houston Symphony
    -Jeff Lorber
    -Eliane Elias
    -Ronald Bruner Jr.
    -Christian Scott
    -Gary Clark Jr.
    -Roland Tings
    -ANOHNI
    -Rhiannon Gibbons.

So a streaming service is indispensable to me.

If I live long enough, I would wager that will be a Hi Res Streaming Service!!

David