Let’s talk about what’s Moving and Grooving you today? [2022-12]

Great idea. My musical tastes are all over the place but prefer the chatty bit on this thread as it tends to add a bit of flavour to just a plain listing of what you are listening to.

4 Likes

Good morning @Michael_Harris, I wanted to report back on the CHVRCHES vids.

I was right, it’s the two R&L shows (2016 and 2019) that are my favourites. Both were done by the Beebs, so both the video and audio are as good as you’re going to get for something like this. I’d watch both if I were you.

The 2016 show was performed during the day, so you get to see the crowd with some great shots of what’s going on in the background at the festival. Plus the energy is more upbeat than at the 2019 show. And you also get to see Lauren when she was younger, which allows you to contrast that with how she’s changed as she’s matured by then watching the 2019 show.

While I was wrong about them being a headliner, they did go last on the Radio 1 Stage on Sunday night while the Foo Fighters were playing on the Main Stage in 2019. One way you know is because she mentions hearing them playing in the background during her show, or at least that’s the way I remember it.

If you need help sourcing either of them, let me know. Or if anyone else is interested, just shot me a PM.

P.S. Mentioning the Foo Fighters made me think about Florence + the Machine getting to headline Glasto in 2015 because Grohl fell off a stage somewhere and broke his leg. That 2015 Glasto set by FTM is another of my favourite concert vids to watch. If I remember correctly, there was some stunning shots of the sun setting behind the Pyramid Stage as the FTM set was beginning.

3 Likes

And mentioning Florence inspired me to post this.

If you’re a fan and have never heard this, or if you just want to listen to a great concert performed by talented musicians, then you should listen to this. Of all her albums I’ve listened to, this is by far my favorite. Like the live Myrkur album, it’s set in an historical building with great acoustics, in this case a former synagogue, the oldest surviving of its type in NYC.

Her opening number:

8 Likes

Thanks @kitated I will check them out.
I also own all of the Florence Albums :grinning:

4 Likes

Genius level thinking John
Let’s hope that’s enough to save us from the ”higher ups"
They probably think that they own this site :rofl:

3 Likes

Hey @Michael_Harris, seeing your comment and your back and forth with John helped clue me in on a couple of things I guess I should have realized. I’ve actually been trying to encourage some discussion in the other thread, but am I understanding correctly that it’s frowned upon?? If so, I feel bad for what I’ve been doing. Someone should have taken me aside and clued me in. :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

So to try and make myself feel better about being an idiot, here’s a track off a new release for this group that grew up not far from me, Athens, AL, which also happens to be close to Muscle Shoals.

RoonShareImage-638064113210042620

7 Likes

Same for me, I did noticed so I was low on talking but still I was

3 Likes

It’s not wrong or anything like that, it’s just more it seems to be frowned upon and is more likely to get booted if it drifts to far off topic.
We enjoy a little bit more lassitude in this thread ATM.
Hopefully we can keep it that way.
Kudo’s to you for getting the Grump to open up IMHO!

4 Likes

So I take it for now that the new title meets approval?

6 Likes

Yes. A little long maybe but more on the point, so better

5 Likes

Yes and maybe you should rotate it quarterly as well :laughing:

2 Likes

I agree. Keep them separate.

let’s talk about what’s moving and grooving you today? (With banter)

It hit -9C on my way to Ruthin (Wales, UK) this morning. Hills and mountains covered in snow. Now heading back home head bobbing to;

9 Likes

Love this album

1 Like

5 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes