Lets see those hifi racks

hegel is the PERFECT minimalist piece of kit, and you’ve displayed it brilliantly.

2 Likes

IMG_4095

IMG_4096
This is mine. Made it from scratch. Not that wide but it covers my needs. I had to make matching speaker stands to get my speakers elevated enough…
Cheers

1 Like

Maybe we should modify to “show us your chair”, Eames I spot ?

IMHO the most underrated bit of hi fi kit :sunglasses:

Yes its a replica but I love it. Wouldn’t trade it for anything. Problem is, it’s too comfortable. Once you sit down, it’s hard to find the will to get up!

2 Likes

core audio designs … there is no substitute!

located in the SF bay area. a highly functional piece of art:

1 Like

Having just ordered a replica, in the sale, good to hear :slight_smile:

Here’s mine (Roon is running from my Innuos ZENith MK3):

1 Like

I treated myself a few years back, good chair, good headphones, good music, good coffee

Ah life the universe and everything :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I find racks to be about compromise between the space available, sound and appearance. Here’s mine. It’s a Swiss made USM modular cabinet which is built like a tank, very solid and strong. I’ve placed most of my equipment on top except for the DCS Vivaldi upsampler, a phono pre and the power conditioner which is underneath in one of the cabinets. The other cabinets hold my vinyl. Sound is amazing even though the speaker placement is a bit wide. This was the most “spouse” friendly and design integrated compromise I could come up with.

7 Likes

9 Likes

BDI Corridor

2 Likes

Love the nixie clock.

I dig the lamp placement from corner to TT. Very retro early 70’s vibe. Shagadellic!

1 Like

This is a simple Salamander Designs Synergy system. You can get them in many different options and can even design it as needed if you don’t mind waiting for the special order. I’ve had mine for 7 years now and really like it

Very nice! I also have a Nixie tube clock. They are a blast :slight_smile:

Reviving this old thread to say that the USM setup looks great! I’m in the process of ordering USM cabinets myself, but I’m in the US where they’re much less common and only available from a handful of retailers who only have one or two pieces in their showrooms. So I’m hoping you can answer a couple of questions. Where you needed to route cables, did you get a cable cut-out in the back panel or just remove the back panel entirely? And are your cabinets 35cm deep or 50cm deep? 35cm seems “standard” and fits vinyl records very well, but for some of the longer/deeper pieces of equipment I am worried that 35cm might not be enough.