Let's talk high end headphones for lossless digital

I use Focal Clear at home with Moon Audio Black Dragon cable. Out and about, I use Sony WH-1000XM3 with Moon Audio Silver Dragon Portable cable.

2 Likes

Meze Elites for open back and Focal Celeste for closed with Chord Hugo TT2. Both have Moon Audio silver dragon cable.

1 Like

I only have one pair of headphones. Poor me…. :wink: But those I love a lot.

3 Likes

As in we should have pity on you OR after buying the Abyss you have no money left? :rofl:

1 Like

As in I am broke and you have many more phones to choose from. But I would probably always use just this one pair.

1 Like

As the saying goes “Chose wisely grasshopper” :grin:

And I would say that you have chosen very wisely indeed.

2 Likes

Anyone tried the new Meze 109’s be interested to hear how they perform.

Was a very positive review on the Darko Audio podcast last week. Both of them thought very highly of them.

1 Like

Will give it a listen,thanks Mike

1 Like

No problem, if I had not recently bought a another pair of cans I would have been interested in them.
Well worth a listen

1 Like

I love my 99’s best value Hifi purchase other than HAF filters I have bought.

2 Likes

I have the PX7 and if the PX8 are truly that much better as the price difference might indicate then they will be amazing.

1 Like

Do it :+1::musical_note:

1 Like

Are the PX8’s any good Anthony?

I’m happy, there’s lots of reviews out there but I’ve enjoyed the B&W sounds for many years.

Like others, yes there’s a touch too much bass but a small change of EQ clears that up for my ears.

Plus, they look gorgeous, are incredibly comfortable and work very well with ARC when I’m out and about.

Are they for everyone? No of course not. But they suit my needs perfectly and if I’m going to spend that much money then I want something different to my Sundaras and Focals at home.

1 Like

I just found this thread: I have been very pleased with my Sennheiser HD660S headphones, especially in the lower ranges.

(RAAT on a Cambridge Audio cxn v2 streaming DAC into a CA 851a integrated amp, with the headphones in that amp’s headphones jack.)

1 Like

At the mo’ this is my perfect pairing:

4 Likes

I know that the headphones are the Sennheiser HD820 (with a very nice cable upgrade) but which DAP is that and what app is it running?

1 Like

FiiO M17. An awesome DAP :heart_eyes:

1 Like

FiiO M17 = FiiO M11 Plus + a cinder block :rofl:

But at least you never have to worry about battery life or ever having to go the gym.

1 Like