Let's talk (show) guitars and gear

8 Likes

Looks like you’ve got all telecaster bases covered, nice!

5 Likes

I used to work in a music store a long time ago, I was a definite Gibson fan, but over time I find that I’ve collected Telecasters; go figure!

2 Likes

Keith setup?

4 Likes

Wow! You have a good eye. I was lucky enough to be able to use the same Luthier that Keith’s guitar tech uses and had fitted the great man’s hardware. It was not cheap, but it makes me smile every time I open the case and pull out a great sounding guitar.

3 Likes

I’m guessing the purists might roll their eyes here, but I’m excited to see what this can do. I purchased four or five pedals recently. If this does 1/10 of what I’ve seen online and others claim. I think it will be my all day everyday solution.

This is been a pretty good guitar week for me. Hope everybody has a rockin’ weekend and kicks it off early this Friday. To the people across the pond hope you’re already rocking.

4 Likes

I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on this. I have an old UX2 interface, which is not a bad piece of gear.

@Glimmer, now all you need to do is use it to whack some stage-crashers to give it character!

1 Like

I’m just a couple of hours in and only played with a hand full of the 128 presets. I’m a software developer by profession for the last 30+ years and obviously a huge music/gear freak. I’m also a bit of a tech freak, so it takes a lot to impress me.

This may have bested Roon in blowing my mind bridging the gap between physical media (all my LOCAL ripped music) and ease of use. This things is rounding up all aspects of Heads/cabinets/effects/pedals/foot switches/sound shaping/tone/etc. and puts a warehouse of gear at your feet. I must admit I’ve been out of the loop for a while so I’ve not been paying attention to the evolution of these things.

Makes sense when you think of computing power and DSP. But still to have virtually thousands of combinations of heads, cabinets and pedals for a few hundred dollars why wouldn’t everyone have one? Even if you have that favorite Head/Cabinet and a pedal board this thing is the size of a shoe box and has 100s of thousands of dollars worth of sounds in it. I hope this is not just New Gear Syndrome and I continue to understand and love it.

Seriously, I’m blown away at the sounds I’m making. I can’t stop playing with it. I am certain I’ll be selling my Reverb, Chorus, Fuzz and other pedals and more than pay for this Line 6 box. Now I have a volume pedal and a Wha Pedal which I was going to buy prior to discovering this.

2 Likes

That sounds really positive - thanks for taking the time to post! Might have to take a look at this.

1 Like

It took me about 15 minutes to figure out the configuration of my own “rig” from scratch…NOT starting with a factory preset. British 100 watt tube head 4x10 cabinet. Tube screamer in front of the head with 70s Chorus and Spring Reverb after the head on the effects loop. Every “pedal” has several parameters to set just like the knobs on a pedal. 10 different Wah pedals to choose from that can be turned on and off with your foot. Easily switch between Volume pedal and Wah pedal.

Here is the kicker. I was playing this afternoon when it arrived into my regular guitar amp. Just like a pedal board into an amp. This evening I used 1/4 headphone out to R/L RCA splitter into my Lyngdorf 1120 in my home office. So I plug in the wireless transmitter into my guitar and switch from Roon to Line 6 on the Lyngdorf’s Aux input. No more trips to the basement to play electric guitar. Play it through my same speakers I listen to Roon with. The Line 6 Pod Go Wireless is basically just like another audio source like a streamer or CD player, but that source is a shipping container full of vintage guitar gear.

I’m dumbfounded at the sheer amount of gear to pick form…not to mention the price. It should cost $10K.

I foresee a future with no patch cords and endless power supplies and power strips. Crazy!

3 Likes

Now that’s a good idea!

1 Like

Cherry Coupe

11 Likes

Ok, not my guitar, but what a rig…

Matt Owens (Noah and The Whale) told me, it (The Amp Combo) started life with Led Zepplin in the 70’s Went to The Who and then Queen before a Queen roadie sold it to him… A classic sound at LRB, that’s for sure…

4 Likes

Saw Matt Owens at The Stables. Was superb.

1 Like

Really having a hard time ignoring this one. The price is right IMHO and it’s hard to stop my finger clicking the buy it now!
All original 1955 ES-225T.
Anyone ever owned one?
I really much prefer the looks, body style and light weight of this compared to say the admittedly very popular 335.

5 Likes

I’d love to share pictures of my Gibson Les Paul P90 Gold Top. My father gave it me when I was 25. About a year later I had my house broken into. Amongst many things taken was the guitar. Original case to. My father recons I sold it. We haven’t spoken since.

Not quite sure how best to comment on this TBH.
It’s pretty sad all round though.:frowning:

1 Like