LG G8 now on Android 10 with connection problems to Core

Verizon updated my LG G8 to Android 10 yesterday. While it was running Android 9, the Roon Remote app worked perfectly in all ways. Now, my phone takes an extremely long time - if ever - to connect to the Core, frequently cannot find my Network Music Player, frequently looses its connection to the core, or won’t actually connect to a Zone that the Roon Remote app on the LG G8 shows as available & connected to.

Right now, my LG G8 took several minutes to ‘find’ the core, but will only connect thru to the System Output - but has no control over that System Output Zone. Also my Network Music Player shows as an available zone, but the phone will not connect to that or any other zone.

My Windows 10 notebook and an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 13.3 both still work perfectly with the Roon Core and are in same room connected over the same WiFi as the LG G8 that’s having all the issues now.

Restarting the Windows 10 desktop that is running the Roon Core will occasionally, but not always, temporarily fix this problem with the LG G8 that’s now running Android 10.

Restarting or clearing the data and cache on the LG G8 does not help. Neither does un-installing then re-installing the Roon Remote app.

Nothing has changed except the LG G8 is now running Android 10. All other equipment, software, etc. is the same as when the LG G8 was running Android 9.

Network Music Player is an Audio Alchemy DMP-1

WiFi & Internet is thru an Orbi RBR-50 mesh router system. The Core is a Windows 10 desktop that’s hardwired to the main Orbi Router. The DMP-1 is hardwired to one of the Orbi Satellites.

Hi @Arthur_Cook,

Welcome to the forum.

As per our Networking Best Practices Guide, can you check to see if you can enable this setting?

Netgear Orbi Routers

If you’re making use of an Orbi router, we recommend unchecking Disable IGMP Proxying in your router’s settings. This setting can interfere with the ability for Roon Remotes to connect to the Roon Core.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.