LG V30 Andoid app - Clicks and gaps

Hey David – let me first say you have our apologies for the frustration here.

Just to be clear, we are actively looking into this issue, and absolutely intend to resolve this, whatever is actually going on here.

When you initially reported this to the support team, I took a quick look and we have a significant number of users using Roon with this phone. It’s possible most are using it for control (as opposed to playback) but it’s surprising we only have a couple of reports like yours. That’s why we’ve initially been focused on troubleshooting here. It’s important we determine if this is something affecting everyone with that phone, or just certain configurations/environments – the questions we’ve been asking are largely focused on confirming that.

I should also mention that we are in the process of overhauling Roon’s audio playback on Android. This work is in the early stages, and I don’t have a time frame for exactly when those changes might go live, but it’s worth mentioning that those changes are coming, as there’s a good chance they’ll help with this issue.

Finally, if we’re able to conclude there is a bug here, we’ll do everything we can to fix it David. Fixing bugs that only reproduce on specific hardware generally takes a bit longer to resolve, as we need to be able to reproduce the issue in our QA lab to move forward, make changes, and confirm the problem is resolved.

That said, if something is broken, we’ll investigate and work to close the issue. For now, I just want to be clear that this issue isn’t being ignored.

We appreciate your patience, David. If battery optimization is disabled for Roon, that’s helpful feedback here, so we’ll be discussing this further with the dev team, and then we’ll be in touch.

Thanks!