LGV40 Android to Core - Connection Issues

I am having problems connecting my lgv40 with andriod 10. The phone recently updated and it seems this issue coincides. I am not sure what version changes to my phone the update caused. My core is an azulle inspire running archlinux with standard roon server build. The Windows computer and iPad have no issues connecting. I have found that if I start roon playing a track from another device and then manually enter the ip from the phones interface it will discover the core. Otherwise it searches indefinitely.

Hello @Jesse_Day,

I have split your post into it’s own thread so that I can better assist you here.
Can you provide some more info regarding your network setup?
What is the model/manufacturer of your gear?

Some routers need to have multicast explicitly enabled, I would check for any IGMP Snooping or IGMP Proxying options on your router, see Networking Best Practices Guide for more in-depth information.

My router is a tp-link archer c9. It’s hardwired to the roon core and the asuster nas. The roon core is the azulle inspire mini pc running arch linux. The core connects to dac via USB connection.

When I first set up my system I set the core computer and the nas in the static routing list. I do have the IGMP proxy ebabled (assume by default because it was already checked). Iptv/vlan is not checked.

I have been using my phone for connecting a few times today. Ever since I was able to get it connected this morning it has been connecting automatically. I ran an update on archlinux and I also enabled my phone in the audio section of the settings menu in roon. I have used it in the past but somehow it was no enabled for playback anymore. When I did this I also unchecked the private control button. I will update if these things somehow fixed the problem or if it returns after a period of inactivity.

1 Like

Hi @Jesse_Day,

Thanks for the update here! Glad to hear that the OS update is helping a bit!

As for other ideas - I would check for any multicast settings, such as the one’s I’ve mentioned so far- IGMP Proyxing / IGMP Snooping and making sure that Multicast is enabled on the TP-Link.

Do let me know how it goes!

The problem seems to be solved. Not sure if was just the need of Linux update or if I did something else while tinkering around. Thank you for the support and prompt reply.

1 Like

Glad to hear the issue is resolved @Jesse_Day!
If you run into any other issues, just let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.