Libary lost on ROCK

Hi everyone,

I installed Rock on an intel nuc. I bought all the parts according roon’s guidelines: nuc8i7beh, 8GB ram and 128GB M,2 ssd. I had no problems to make it work, but when I reboot the nuc, the library is lost and I have to copy it again from my mac. Is this normal?

Another problem that occurs sometimes are dropouts at the beginning of the track. I read about resync delay, but I don’t seem to have this option, since I use my Devialet phantoms through airplay. I do have this option on my Bluesound powernode, and there I have no dropouts…

Thanks!

Luk

I’d post in support as that is monitored more.
In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

You didn’t mention adding an internal SATA drive for your music. If you’re copying the music to the m.2 drive with the Roon software and database then that is probably the issue.

You must be right, I didn’t install a sata, because it was not mentioned in the advised configuration. I might install it on my nuc. I thought the music was stored on the ssd, but apparently that is not the case…

You probably missed these sections in the KB article on ROCK

• The SSD can not be used for music content . If you want music content in this device, use another disk (see below about “internal storage”)

• Internal storage (for music content) can be any size, and can be an SSD or a spinning disk, but note that the NUC kits tend to not support drives thicker than 15mm (not enough space inside the housing).

• Internal storage (for music content) WILL be reformatted, so don’t put your music on it and expect it to work… you will need to copy your music to it via the network share exposed, or via Roon drag/drop import

This article on ROCK Storage Basics is also worth a read…

2 Likes

Thank you all for your suggestions, I will install an external drive, as suggested in the article Geoff mentioned!

Kind regards,

Luk