Library and all network devices disappeared

@support
Not sure what happened. I updated the SW on my Windows 10 PC, tried streaming via Chromecast to my TV and a couple of other Google homes here. Everything was working find and then went to play some music in the morning and - nothing. No tracks, no library content at all.

The core on my dedicates Windows 10 server is still running. the windows and iOS clients see the core - but there is no content in the library. Networks shares, files, paths - all still there but Roon shows empty.

Rebooted everything, restarted core, rescanned drives - but Roon just does not see anything.
Also I realized I have no options under ‘Audio’ - usually my local PC setting and my Mac setting should be here but it is blank.

Should I uninstall everything and re-install it all from scratch?

Did you reboot your router?

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out, @Peter_Madden!

May I ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

So we can gain some greater insight into what you are experiencing, may I also ask that you please verify the following:

• Do you have any active firewall or antivirus on the Core machine? If so, can you try disabling them and let me know if there is any change here?
  • I’m guessing yes, but just to verify — You rebooted your Core machine, correct?
  • If you temporarily set up a Core on your Mac device are you able to see these endpoints?

Thanks,
Dylan

Just a follow up - I restarted my entire network including router, wifi, server (Core) and other machines with no change - Roon refused to see the music that was in the core. I uninstalled core and reinstalled it - and that worked. The fallout of course is all my metadata added via Room was gone. The playlists and artwork were the biggest issues but I am slowly rebuilding. Any idea why this happens and is there a better way to manage it?

Now my issue is that Roon will not see many of my local playback devices. My mac is ok, my chromecast devices are fine but the main system connect to my LH DAC - nothing. Will open another ticket.