Library contamination

Hello @Kroon, here’s what I’d like to try next:

1. reboot your core
  2. open Roon, and reply here with a timestamp of when you do
  3. navigate to one of the issue albums (let me know which one you chose)
  4. close roon
  5. Use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

From there I’ll open an investigation with our QA team to get further insight into the issue.

Thanks, I did it now (12:05 JST).
I chose the same album as the picture at the top (Metallica).

Hello @Kroon, I spoke to our QA team a moment ago about your thread and our recommendation is that you disable the MusicData2 drive if the MusicData2 folder contains the same data. Once you’ve had a chance to do this please let me know if there are further issues.

There are some files in MusicData2 folder as MusicData2 drive, but some are not. (MusicData2 drive is a very very huge drive.) So, how can I do that? Your instruction sounds practically impossible.

Does renaming MusicData2 folder to MusicDataB do the same thing as what you want?

@nuwriy Any update?

Hello @Kroon, I spoke again yesterday with our QA team about your thread and I think we had some miscommunication that I’d like to clear up. I was hoping you could clarify a few items for the team:

1. There are 2 folders. Both of these folders are added as separate watched folders.
  • Music Data
  • Music Data 2
  1. In the folder Music Data there is a folder, which is called Music Data 2, which has some content from Music Data 2 folder. And albums that are present both in Music Data 2 folder and /MusicData/MusicData2 folders are not displayed correctly and one of the versions is unavailable.

2. For clarification, could you please provide screenshots of both versions of the Metallica album with those screenshots labeled as which storage location they belong to.

Once I’ve clarified this information we’ll move on to the next set of steps, thanks!

Thank you so much and sorry that it took time to get back to you.

To clarify No.1, these are not 2 folders, but two hard disk drives.

To clarify No. 2,

This is not correct. Files are moved, but not duplicated. So, there must be one file that is played and displayed in Roon.

The problem is that those files still appears twice in “Versions” even though they do not exist. And, sometimes Roon tries to play those non-exisiting files and, further, identifying the moved album as “Primary Version.” This is so troublesome. (Cleaning Up Library through Library Maintenance does not work for this.)

With regard to No.3, it is clear in the screenshot. (In this case, it seems MusicData2 drive seems not related. Within MusicData drive, something is wrong.)

Thank you so much in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.