Library content entirely disappeared again. Enough is enough

So that’s a yes then, you just want support to repeat what you’ve already been told.

I was trying to point out that I think you’re being unreasonable (you already have the answer to your question) and needlessly hostile to everyone who has attempted to explain this to you. My apologies if that came across as trolling. Hopefully “ROON STAFF” will be along shortly.

1 Like

I have resolved the Qobuz issue for myself. I’ll not be renewing my Qobuz subscription (Roon issues, and tracks missing on too many albums). I agree with people who find it outrageous that no definite fix to a well known and MAJOR issue has not yet been implemented.
I will also end my subscription to Roon – Qobuz is just one issue: regular iPad crashes, slow loading at times, dysfunctional search, useless recommendations. Sorry, Roon, for me this is no longer a premium product – at least for streamers. I stream music exclusively, and given all these issues I’m much better off with other streaming services that don’t have those problems.

2 Likes

@DaveN Yes, let’s hope. If this was a phone helpline , I would already be dead by now, dead by waiting. Thats why it is not, i guess.
Like @Poseidon77 i stream music exclusively. Until now i have had no major issue with Qobuz : once again, Qobuz delivered what they sold me, a streaming service. But I do think there is a MAJOR issue here for Roon support and staff if they want to keep their streamer customers happy, or even just to keep them.

I agree, and I’m also surprised by how long this issue has been going on. If I relied on streaming - I don’t, my library is almost exclusively local - I would also be frustrated.

The albums are not disappearing from Qobuz—they are there in the Qobuz app. They are disappearing from Roon.
This may be a techno-communication problem between Roon and Qobuz, but that doesn’t let Roon off the hook. They advertise integration as a feature, and then fail to provide it and it doesn’t matter whose fault it is. I don’t understand why you can’t grasp that. If you promise something and don’t deliver, it’s ON YOU. You can’t pass the buck back up the chain. There are no excuses. Admit your inability to deliver, and provide some sort of remedy, discount, or subscription extension.

If you buy a package of chocolate-chip cookies, and find there are no chocolate chips in half of them, do you call the chocolate-chip manufacturer? No. You call the cookie maker.

1 Like

This issue was first recognized in July. @dylan said there would be feedback on this thread:

The last feedback was August 2nd. @dylan is leaving Roon.

I can understand and sympathize with anyone experiencing a lack of resolution of this issue. I was fortunate that my stuff came back within a few days. Worrying that it isn’t sorted.

Roon aren’t promising you anything. They support integration with streaming services.

If qobuz decides to change something on their end that breaks integration there’s not that much Roon can do about that other than inform them that they have broken it.

Tidal works without issue, Qobuz doesn’t. They need to sort the issue.

This would be like me raging at Virgin Media because I can’t access Facebook when their servers are down.

“YOU ADVERTISED ACCESS TO THE INTERNET SERVICES”.

2 Likes

It looks like ROON support staff disppeared and ROON do NOT want in ANY WAY to acknowledge the obvious point that you made : the integration problem is ON THEM, whoever FAULT it is ( as customer swe should not have to care at all about whose fault it is ). Its incredible to see how Roon fails ( or avoid ) to deliver correct customers information on the matter.

It’s not like that at all. When facebook is down, it’s down for everyone, across all ISPs.
Qobuz is working fine if you use their app, but not when you use Roon.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

Our latest statement on this can be found here:

As mentioned in the thread, Qobuz is aware of this issue and they’ve confirmed they’re working on a permanent solution. I don’t have any specific timelines I can provide, but I can confirm we have heard from their engineering team recently that they’re continuing to work on this, so there is movement here.

If you’re seeing content missing for an extended period of time, reaching out to Qobuz directly is the best option.

Thanks for the patience everyone — I know this can be a frustrating issue and we are hopeful that this issue will be resolved permanently soon.

3 Likes

Qobuz is working quite fine indeed, i agree with @Andrew_Webb on this and all the rest. And the chocolate chips.

Again please read ALL OF THIS TOPIC : you ( ROON, not you as Dylan) are not at all providing a sufficient answer to customers on the matter. NOT AT ALL. Repeating the last statement doesnt help in any way.

Your argument was that Roon promised access to a service and are therefore responsible for that service being available despite not owning any of their infrastructure and having zero control over their code.

By this logic, virgin media are responsible for delivering all websites to you. Despite not owning or managing any of these websites.

I’m having the same problem (qobuz favorites not being shown as library content) since yesterday, late evening.
Regardless of where exactly the error or bug is to be found, I find it amazing – not in a good way – that such issues come up all the time.
The reliability of these services is ridiculous.
Even more so when considering who and what kind of people are prepared to pay for all the extra services just to listen to music. I dare say we do so for getting premium quality. Otherwise, we might just stick with Apple music, for much less money.

If Roon advertised access to a billion different services, this would make sense. They don’t, though, only two.
And it’s INTEGRATION, not access. Access would be trapping the Qobuz web interface inside Roon and that is not what happens.

1 Like

Hi @FRED_PEREZ, I definitely understand the frustration here.

To provide some context, the underlying issue has been identified and we’ve been working with the team at Qobuz to resolve the problem. Our integration with Qobuz requires communication with their servers — They provide us information that is used to display favorites, among other things.

What we’ve discovered is that there is a problem with how their servers are communicating with ours. Our engineers have worked with theirs on a solution, but at the moment the specific next steps require changes on the Qobuz side. We are continuing to monitor and work with them on this and we are confident that this will be resolved in a more permanent way soon.

As mentioned, the favorites tend to come back relatively quickly with this issue, but if there is any extended delay in favorites appearing, Qobuz is able to assist with this.

I hope this helps clarify the current status of this!

1 Like

It’s incredible to see a completely unreasonable customer ignore all notices and T&Cs and vent your frustration on the helping and informing staff and community. There already much more harmless contributions were deleted and participants locked, because it was brotlos to remain with this in the discussion. After reading this, I can’t advise any staff member to join here again. Dylan has said it all and I’m out too and others will probably continue to be labeled as a troll or cult member.

1 Like

I don’t think we are going to agree here so I’ll agree to disagree.

That being said, I totally agree that this makes Qobuz unuseable. The whole point of a music service is being able to access your music. Personally I’d blame Qobuz, then promptly switch to a more reliable service but obviously you feel differently and that’s fine too.

1 Like

Now it also happened here. I went down 3000 albums that were qoubus albums…I wonder how to approach it. There are both links to Qobuz and Roon in the thread?

1 Like

Welcome to the club.