Library emptied while copying new music to NAS/Server

I recently raised a support issue on Roon losing connection with my server/NAS.

Just earlier this happened in realtime and I think I was able to pinpoint what was happening.

While listening to music on Roon, I was moving some new music into my main server folder.

As soon as this copying process began, the music Roon was playing cut out and I received an error saying that the file I was playing doesn’t exist.

After going to the Roon home screen I was greeted with the library empty message.

Going to Settings -> Storage shows the ‘directory not available error’.

If I attempt to remove and add the network folder again I receive an ‘there was an unexpected error. Invalid network path.’

However if I try to access the network folder via Finder, access works fine without any issues and I can see all my folders and tracks.

To re-iterate what I posted in my initial post:

Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs)

• My core machine is running Unraid with an Ubuntu VM (v18.04).
  • The machine is a dual Xeon setup with 24GB of ram (4GB allocated to VM)
  • 8TB of storage

Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)

• The machine is connected via ethernet to a TP-Link switch (very similar to this).
  • The switch in turn is connected via ethernet to my Asus router
  • All devices on my home network are connected to this router either via ethernet or wi-fi

Audio devices in use

• Macbook Pro
  • iPhone
  • iPad
  • Devialet amplifier
  • Google Chromecast Audio

Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)

• All my library files are stored on the core machine hard drive
  • There are roughly 13,000 tracks
  • I am not using any streaming service with Roon

I’ve moved this thread to #support so it gets picked up. In the meantime, can you provide details of the network share … a screenshot from your Mac and Roon would be useful.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Periodically when I try access my library I get the message saying that my library is empty