Library refreshing

Roon REALLY needs to reinstate the automatic library refresh that was in place until version 1.7. In 1.7, if I added an album to my library, it appeared in the “Recent Activity” page automatically and instantly. Now it doesn’t appear until I go into my server and restart the core and even then it takes a minute or so for the albums to appear slowly, one at a time. This is not progress from what we had before. There isn’t even a refresh button do do the job!

Hi Allan my Room core (running ROCK) shows album’s I add within a few seconds.
That might be because I copy all my music from my computer to an additional hard disk in the NUC.
Are you running on a NAS?

Regards

Mike

Yes Mike, a QNAP TS 251. My point was though that prior to version 1.7, this problem did not arise, NAS or not. Refreshes were automatic and more or less instant. What we have now is definitely a retrograde step.

Allan I do remember seeing a couple of other post’s several months ago.

I moved from Synology to ROCK on a NUC to avoid issues like this, not that that helps you sorry.
Was any suitable response given in any of the previous post’s?

Mike

No Mike, I haven’t seen any posts dealing with the solution to this. I have seen a few that mentioned it, however…one or two in tones that were far from complimentary toward Roon for having brought it about!

Alan

Allan I don’t remember any acknowledgement of this issue from memory. Have you tagged in support in your message.

Might be worth a try as this is not in the support forum.

Mike

I had another issue regarding artwork not showing correctly that also only manifested after version 1.7 was released and mentioned this refreshing issue at the same time. I found a workaround for the artwork issue but the refreshing issue was never addressed.

Alan

Hi Allan I just saw this on another thread, hopefully it will help.

Regards

Mike

Thanks for that information Mike. If Roon can’t scan a root folder then that’s new behaviour. It used to be able to do it because that’s how my system has been for nearly four years with no issues until version 1.7. Moving my library is not an option as it would take too long for Roon to rescan it. They should be reinstating the previous behaviour instead of telling users to move things around to take account of a bad idea at their end!

Alan

Allan could it possibly be related to anything that Qnap is changing. A bit like Synology is doing with software software v7, which is taking features away from Apps that have used those features for year’s.

I just thought I would try and point you in the right direction.

Regards

Mike

I doubt it Mike. That previous post you sent me said that “For some reason, Roon can’t autoscan from NAS root folder (like your Multimedia folder)”. That’s clearly a Roon thing since it is a blanket issue not tied to any particular NAS device.

Alan

Allan it was just a thought, as I have not heard about it affecting Synology NAS devices.

Mike

I can validate @Alan_McMillan claims and I do not have music in root folder. Something changed with Roon. Time for Roon Support to support.
Steve