Library Transfer - Playlist Lists Tracks As Unavailable (2)

Hi @beka and @support,

Thanks for the response–again. I did remove (the original) watched folder before I tried adding the new one. I’ve followed the same procedure as I have tried to move from drive to drive (in case there was a problem with the external drive itself). UNfortunately, that’s not solved the issue. Thank you again for the help.

Best, Solomon

Thanks for confirming that and sorry if you had mentioned it before and I missed it.

Would you please:

• restart your Roon Core
  • try to import the tracks again
  • write down the time where the process stops or is complete
  • find and archive the “Logs” folder and upload it to our drive

Please, let us know once you had a chance to do so, as well as share the local date and time when it happened.

Many thanks :pray:

Dear @beka,

Will do this weekend. Thank you. Solomon

1 Like

Dear @beka and @support,

The last week was very busy and I was not able to get to this until tonight. Anyway, the same problem happened again. I was to load in almost 7k tracks and then Roon simply stopped recognizing/adding files. I am not exactly certain when Roon stopped adding files, but I stopped the file transfer (into the target folder) at 9:46 pm 5/12/22. At that time, there was still 11:30 hrs left to go and another 16k tracks remaining.

I noticed that Roon was still “working” (the little blue status circle was spinning) and it seemed like it was adding tracks still–it had several in que. Anyway, these ran through but none were identified (as music files, I suppose?) nor were they added to the library.

I briefly restarted the transfer (9:51 pm 5/12/22) so I could take a screenshot of what that looked like–if that helped. Please find the screenshot below… Again, Roon found a number of files, but none were added or identified–again. It’s like the library is shut down. After taking the screenshot, I stopped the file transfer for good at 9:56 after none of 49 new tracks in que were added or identified.

I saved and uploaded the logs as requested. (I named the file logs_smajor.)

Thank you for your help. Best, Solomon

Add images

Hey @Solomon_Major,

Thank you so much for making the time to go through these steps. We appreciate your effort.

Your logs are with our technical team now. We’ll follow up as soon as we hear back.

Please, stay tuned :pray:

Dear @beka, thanks for the heads up. Best, Solomon

1 Like

grafik

This looks suspicious to me. It might be helpful if you could name the manufacturer and type of the device, possibly with a link to where you bought it. Sadly scam offers like the ones from the videos below exist and you may have fallen to such one reading through your posts:

Thank you @BlackJack. The drive is a 2TB Bosiju Memory Stick Swivel Zip Drive, which I bought from Amazon. There don’t seem to be any other problems with the drive, I can store and access other files (like movies) without issue. It’s just with the Roon DB. Furthermore, I have also tried to (re-) use my trusty 1TB Seagate USB drive, which has served as my Roon library for years without any problems and I get exactly the same library problems when I try and re-scan the music folder in that drive.

Just FYI, the Seagate is attached to a USB hub, while the Bosiju is directly connected to a USB slot on the computer running the Roon core (the main reason I got the Bosiju, besides extra storage, was because it was small enough to fit behind my computer in the shelf where I have it sitting).

Thank you for your suggestion, Solomon

From your link:

… and so on and on.

I don’t believe the Roon DB should go on a USB 1.1 device even if it’s not faulty/scam. The library maybe?

2 Likes

Hi @Solomon_Major,

Please fill out the set-up information below as thoroughly as possible. Be sure to describe your network and how your audio and storage devices are connected to your network and your Core with as much detail as you can.

Your initial screenshot shows unavailable TIDAL tracks in your Punk playlist. In checking your system diagnostics I noticed that you don’t have TIDAL synced in Roon. You can resync your account by going to Settings>Services>TIDAL>edit and log in.

Also, can you indicate where your Roon Database is parked? Is it on the thumb-drive that @BlackJack inquired about? Or, does the thumb drive only contain your local music library?

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

We’ll be watching for your reply and get back to you as soon as we can.

Dear @BlackJack,

Thank you for following up. I have switched to a Seagate drive and things seem for the moment to be okay (which is odd, because the Seagate didn’t work when I tried it last–but it seems to be working okay now). In any case, perhaps you were right about the thumb drive being the culprit. I think I’m okay for the moment.

Thank you again, best, Solomon

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.