Library Transfer - Playlist Lists Tracks As Unavailable

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Rock, NUC i7 w/16GB RAM, version 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus AC2600, cat 7 ethernet, 600 mbps

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)*

Brooklyn Bridge

Description Of Issue

I moved my library to my NUC from my laptop. I followed all instructions. The albums show up. But, the tracks in playlists that consist of local music and Tidal show all local tracks as “unavailable.”

Why is is so difficult to move storage? Roon is supposed to make things easier for the user, yet I’m constantly wasting my time in these forums trying to fix your UI/UX issues.

Hi @Kursten_Hogard,

Can you share a screenshot or Settings > Storage?

Thanks!

Hi @Kursten_Hogard,

It looks like, according to that screenshot, only 4 tracks are being imported to Roon. This explains why a majority of your local files are not showing up.

Can you share a screenshot of the Music directory on the Samsung drive? Are the files showing there if you look via File Explorer or Finder?

The playlist I sent a screenshot of is comprised of tracks from Tidal and my local library. The tracks that are available are the Tidal tracks.

The core is seeing my hard drive and I’m able to play the music just fine. It’s just that the playlists are not finding the files anymore.

I plan on moving the files once again from an external hard drive to a solid state drive that I’ll install in the NUC, so I want to make sure I’m doing things correctly before I continue with that project.

Here’s a screenshot of an album I’m playing from that external hard drive:

Hi @Kursten_Hogard,

Do you have any backups of Roon from before this occurred?

If you go to Settings > Library > Clean Up Library can you share a screenshot of this window? Note that you don’t need to run this process, I just want to take a look at the numbers that are showing here.

Thanks!

Screenshot attached.

Now, roon is not seeing any of the files on the hard drive. When I force rescan of the hard drive is shows ~2,800 files scanned and 3 tracks imported, but none of the music shows up in my library. That track from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs I took a screenshot of earlier is gone.

This product has way too many flaws for the extremely high price. What is going on here? Why is it taking so long for this issue to be resolved?

Why are the problems compounding instead of being resolved?

Hi @Kursten_Hogard,

Would you kindly

Use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? We’ll take a look and see what is happening in the logs which should give us some additional insight here.

Do you have backups of Roon from before the transfer occurred?

When I find the time, I’ll jump through the hoops you provided.

In the interim, I’m having trouble uploading a new version of an existing album. I have a remastered version of an album, but roon refuses to see it. I uploaded that album along with three others that came in the boxed set. The two supplementary albums are visible, but the remastered album is not - only the original version appears. Why won’t roon show both versions of the album? Even after deleting the original version of the album, it still is not showing the remastered version.

I’ve now ripped this CD three times with two different applications using FLAC and WAV. I’ve stored the albums in different locations on the hard drive and on a thumb drive. This has taken many hours and roon is still not seeing the album. Why?

I have backups from before on the laptop I was using before I had to switch to the NUC/ROCK setup.

How do I access logs from my ROCK? The only way I can interact with the ROCK is with my phone and the instructions you provided don’t show how to access the database.

When I do a network transfer, the files look like they’re being copied, but when the transfer is ‘complete’ the files are nowhere to be found. If I try to transfer them again, I get a message saying that the files are already in the destination folder, even though I can’t see them and they never appear in roon, no matter how many times I force rescan.

Hi @Kursten_Hogard,

There are a couple of possibilities here. First, Roon might not be importing the album at all (which can happen if the tracks are corrupt, among other reasons). The other option is that it’s being imported into Roon but not being identified properly or is hidden.

When there are multiple versions of an album, they’re hidden by default. So first, can you confirm that you have Show Hidden Tracks and Albums in Settings > General set to Yes?

Then you can filter by path which will allow you to confirm if it’s showing up in Roon at all.

You can find the logs by going to \\ROCK\ in File Explorer

Just to confirm, the folder on the hard drive is completely empty when viewed outside of Roon?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.