License for more than 1 network

Hello Roon Team,
I’ve a question considering the Library Server.

At home I’ve a windows 7 PC configured as Library Server feeding other clients on the Network. Works fine so far so good.
But when I’m in the office I want to use Roon although, but as I’m on a different Network I’m in need of the library server running there, or to funcion my Macbook as library server itself.

I can change library server all the time, but I think that’s not what was intended with the possibility to change the library server.

Is there a solution or do I have to buy a second subscription for this to work?

There is no need for both library server doing their job at the same time. Only 1 will be used at a time.

is this such a hard to answer question?

I noticed you have no category set on your topic, which will make it a little harder to get noticed.
Perhaps add the support category?

I have moved your topic into feature requests for better visibility.

As for now, the options are as you mentioned: either change core or add a second license. I like the idea of a second license: when I switch cores at work, I leave my family Roonless, which isn’t always appreciated… :wink:

Maybe a second, discounted license (tied to the same e-mail address and credit card) could be considered in the future?

1 Like

This got categorized into feature requests, and not support. That’s why you got the slow reply.

You will either need two licenses or continue to swap the license.

Understood

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.