Lifetime price increase, $499 -> $699

I don’t think they’ve done any real software updates since 2015. However, we still support the metadata services for Sooloos users. That’s been the case for 15 years. Also, their last endpoint was Roon Ready!

I know some you like conspiracy theories, but there are no real secrets here… Open a new topic and ask what you what, as long as we aren’t under contract to not speak publicly about it, we’re happy to share.

The quick rundown is:

Meridian bought us (the Sooloos IP and team) when we had cash flow issues in 2008. We split out the IP and team in January of 2015 to form Roon Labs. We own 100% of Roon Labs, with no external investors (and that includes Meridian). They are our customer for metadata services for Sooloos. No other obligations exist in either direction. There were some indemnifications we had to do for them for the IP we left behind, but that’s all expired now and that IP is all “dead” (or at least it is to us).

We are still friends with the team that remains at Meridian (both UK and US) we have quite a bit of mutual respect for each other. Enno and I had breakfast with Bob a few weeks ago and Bob helped us debug a Nucleus hardware issue earlier in the year. This respect comes from years of working together, and it’s the same type of respect I have for many players in this audio space that we’ve had the joy of working with.

19 Likes