Lindemann Limetree Network shows "Uncertified" [Resolved - Firmware update]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core is on a Synology RS3617xs+ running v 1.7, Build 571. Underlying Synology is running DSM 6.2.3-25426 Update 2. Core is stable, and multiple clients are interacting with it, including other working endpoints.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Network is Ubiquiti Unifi, up to date versions. All relevant devices are on Ethernet if they have a physical ethernet port, and iOS devices are on 5GHz reliable Wi-Fi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Lindemann Limetree Network, ethernet connected, line out audio. Supposed to be a Roon Certified Endpoint.

Description Of Issue

I have two Lindemann Limetree Network Audio devices. Both are running firmware 1.16.0.0x1e2d137, Both show Release version Lindemann-MG-v49. Neither has a pending firmware update.

Both are visible to the Roon Core, however, one shows a red banner “Uncertified” and doesn’t have the correct product icon. Both have the same “Device Info” showing Version 1.00, 1.16, and RAAT SDK Version 1.1.36.

I have tried removing and re-adding the “uncertified” one, I have factory reset it, I am at a loss what else to try, and wonder if there is a cache buried somewhere in the Roon filesystem that I could purge to try.

I am loathe to reinstall Roon core without trying other suggestions first.
Thanks.

Hello anyone from RoonLabs? This is a paid license, and a little help would be appreciated?

Thanks.

Have the same issue all of the sudden - no idea why. Roon please fix this

1 Like

Hi @Gerd_Itjeshorst and @BenCrosby — Apologies for the trouble as our team is looking into this. Do either of you have other Roon Ready devices? Are you seeing any changes with those devices, or only the Lindemann?

Hi Dylan,

I have 2 Roon Ready Devices: Lindemann Limetree Network and Auralic Aries G2. Only the Lindemann got the problem. I just a minute ago found a solution (or workaround?): I used the native Lindemann App and did a firmware upgrade. Afterwards I restarted the Roon Core on my NUC and the error message disappeared. I will periodically check.

2 Likes

Hello @BenCrosby, do you also have the option for a firmware update?

1 Like

Sadly I do not. Both my devices are on the same firmware already, per the image below. I do have other Roon Ready devices - a Naim Uniti Atom, and it is fine.

Hello @BenCrosby, and thanks for checking that! Is the Lindermann connected directly to the router via Ethernet or is there a switch or something else in between?

Both are connected via the same switch to the Core.

Hello @BenCrosby, and thanks for your patience here. I brought this thread to the attention of our hardware team and we’re going to reach out to the manufacturer for their thoughts. Our team recommends you also reach out to Lindemann and see what they say!

Ok, thanks, I will log a support request with Lindemann too.

I have done a forced software update from a local copy of the device firmware. This has resolved the problem, and the device now shows once again as Roon certified. I honestly have no idea what happened, as the Lindemann UI shows exactly the same software and firmware as before the forced update.
Thank you to the Roon team, you can close this one as resolved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.