Lindemann Network 2 - Why does it downsample MQA?

A couple of months back i bought myself the new Lindemann and i must say it sounds amazing. It’s a roon ready devise.

My question is why does the Lindemann downsample MQA files from 192kHz to 96kHz 24bit. It has a MQA core decoder. When i play 192kHz files from my hardrive within Roonrock they play without any trouble.

Can you post a pic of the Signal Path so we can see what you are talking about?

MQA files are usually either 24/48 or 16/44.1, maybe 24/44.1 etc. Roon will do the first stage decode where those files will be expanded to either 24/96 or 24/88.2 depending on the actual base file resolution.

Then, you need an actual licensed MQA DAC to do the final render stage which will up-sample the output of the decode to a target resolution or the limit of your hardware.

In the actual file name when you see this:

aafad

All that 192 is telling you is that is what the file originally was before all the processing was added to it to transform it into the 24/48 MQA file. Likewise, on a DAC which is displaying that information during playback, it is displaying this original format file tag, not necessarily what is occurring in the DAC processing.

This is the signal path of the Lindemann.

Just checked the German Lindemann website and there’s no mention of MQA capabilities for the Network II.
So your ceiling will always be the first MQA unfold done by Roon, and that’s what you’re seeing here!

yes i quess so. The last 2weeks i have a trial period with Deezer. The sound between Tidal MQA and Deezer Hifi sounds to me the same.
I really hope in the near future that Deezer comes into Roon and not only Qobuz and Tidal.

I mean there are so many more streaming services.