Linn Devices only showing up as AirPlay with QNAP Core after updating to build 1148 [Update Roon to Build 1154 (Linux Release Only)]

thumps up , well done

1 Like

I performed the update and it looks ok but when I try to play a song it says
“Roon lost control of the audio device” and won’t play anything.

Did a search and performed several reboots of all equipment.
Working now. Thanks.

1 Like

I installed the update, rebooted my QNAP NAS but still do not see the Linn (only under Airplay).

It’s working. Excellent job Roon. Thanks.

1 Like

Make sure the subnet is correct

Thx. I checked the subnet as well. Just found out that my Roon app is still the old version (1148). Once i get the new version the problem should be fixed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Roon Core Machine

Latest Software - Running on qnap TS 673, 16 Gb

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet, no VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Linn Akurate DSM 3th Gen
Linn Sneaky

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

It appered afther the newest SW update

1. Signal path not purple anymore but green; signal path now have 5 steps and ends with AirPlay-Streaming
    2.Volume control completely different. It does not use the startup volume from the devices anymore and I have to increase the volume significantly to hear anything.
  2. There is no standby switch anymore in the software to switch the devices to standby. Before it was includet in the volume segment.
    4.Same applies when I get the music from Qobuz

Roon Core Machine

Qnap TS453A

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Packedge Router RK1 and Netgear switch

Connected Audio Devices

Linn Selekt DSM Bluesound powernode Sonos Bridge

Number of Tracks in Library

5700 Tracks

Description of Issue

The linn Selekt DSM isn’t visible in the audio setup via linn streaming.
However it is visible via airplay. Other roon devices are working correctly. So than I looked for the subnet for linn streaming as suggested in another post. It was not visible either. This setup had been working correctly for several months.
Any suggestions

Dear all, Roon doesn’t recognise my Linn Akurate DSM anymore. Until recently it worked fine but now music is only played via Airplay in a lower quality.
Thx for your help.
Jan Zaagsma