Linn DSM disappeared after latest Roon Core Update (1.8, 831)

Roon Core Machine

QNAP TS-451+ 8GB with firmware
Roon Core version 1.8 (build 831)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router: Fritzbox 7590 with FRITZ!OS 7.28
Switch: NetGear GS108Ev3

Connected Audio Devices

Linn Selekt DSM – Software 4.84.415, variant 973

Number of Tracks in Library

26,000 tracks
2,300 albums

Description of Issue

After the update to the latest Roon Core version (1.8, build 831) the Linn device is no longer available in Roon. No changes to network or other components. It has worked for more than 2 years.

I have rebooted the NAS, Roon, the Linn device multiple times but the Linn Selekt is not shown in the list of Audio devices.

The access from Roon to Linn Selekt is only available via Airplay. The Roon native transport is no longer available.

How can I get the full support of my Linn Selekt restored?

Thanks in advance and best regards, Hans

Hello @Hans_Maul,

Thanks so much for reporting this :pray:. It really helps us to find out and it also gives us the chance to help.

I was wondering if you’ll see any improvement after trying this:

  • Exit out of Roon
  • Stop RoonServer via the Web UI
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to RoonServer/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon

Thanks a lot :pray:

Hello @beka
Thank you for helping me with my problem. I have carried out the activities you suggested several times. I also restarted the NAS but the result is unchanged.
I still see my Linn Select only as a device with Airplay.
Any other ideas what I can try to address my Linn Select again via the direct way (Roon Transport)?
Best regards, Hans

Hey @Hans_Maul,

I appreciate your help so far!

Could you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs by uploading them here?

Hello @beka
I have uploaded the log files according to your instructions.
Hopefully this will help solve the problem.
Best regards, Hans

Hey @Hans_Maul,

Thanks so much for the heads up! We did get your logs and they’re now with our technical team for investigation.

You’ll hear back from us on this thread :nerd_face:

Hello @Hans_Maul ,

If you have another PC around the house, can you please confirm if the same issue occurs on a different Roon Core, or does it impact just the QNAP?

  • Create a Backup of your current database
  • Open Roon on the other PC you wish to try as the Core
  • Roon Settings → General
  • Disconnect
  • On the “Choose your Core” screen, press “Use this PC”
  • If asked to Unauthorize, you can go ahead and do so. You are limited to one active Roon Core at a time but you are free to switch between them as often as you’d like.
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs on the different PC


Hello @noris
this works. My Mac is near the QNAP NAS and it recognizes the Linn Selekt as a Roon tested device.
Funnily enough, the Mac does not see the Airplay on the Linn. So just the opposite as on the QNAP NAS.

I hope this helps you with the analysis.

Best regards, Hans

1 Like

Hello @Hans_Maul ,

Thank you for confirming that aspect, glad to hear that it is working on the Mac Core, although not seeing the Airplay output is indeed strange.

Can you please confirm, if you try to reinstall Roon on the QNAP by setting a different database location for RoonServer, does the same issue occur on a fresh install for the QNAP as well?

Please be sure to create a Backup of your QNAP database first, and then you can use the installation instructions from here to set up the QNAP database again:

Let us know if this helps, thank you!

Reserve IP addresses for all QNAP, Mac, and Roon related devices on the network in the router. After that is saved, power cycle the router, the whole of network of devices including QNAP, Mac, Roon related devices, and your phones.

This happened to me some time ago. I stream from QNAP also. After the update for Roon, I couldn’t see my Linn Akurate DSM anymore. I did all sorts of things until I finally noticed that the Linn subnet setting had changed after update. Changed it back and everything worked again. This setting can be found under Setup and scroll down to ”Subnet for Linn streaming”.


Thank you very much. This also solved my problem. I have not yet understood why exactly this one setting was changed by an update of the Roon Core on my NAS. But nevertheless it works again !

1 Like

Hello @noris the information from @patouskii has solved my problem.
You might want to check why the Linn subnet was changed during an update. Unfortunately, I didn’t notice that either. With all previous updates there has never been a problem.

1 Like

Hello @Hans_Maul ,

Thank you for letting us know that @patouskii 's suggestion helped resolve the issue for you here! Please do let us know if you encounter any further difficulties with Roon in the future, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.