Linn Klimax DSM Remote - Some Commands Don't Work

Hi Noris,

Yes when I use the DSM remote that came with the unit I have limited control. I have volume and pause, but unable to skip and play from pause. Also Roon seems to hold connection with the DSM so when I switch source input I have to turn DSM off then back on again. When I use either iPhone or iPad I have full control without and issues.

I previously used Linn Kazoo which I liked. My routine is usually to load three/four albums and then close the iPad. From there I use the DSM Remote and occasionally skip the odd track, but ultimately listen in order. This method takes away the distraction of an iPad. Also when I hit Discover the screen will refresh itself after a few seconds. Almost like it getting an echo of the requests or a second request via the network (hard wired and/or wifi maybe?)

As the Roon Core is sat on an old laptop hard wired onto the network I’d assumed this is all due to hardware limitations as opposed to Roon software.

I’m located in the UK time is GMT. The above is not an intermittent issue its just my experience from the outset of integration with my DSM.

Regards

Tim

Hi @Tim_Rogerson,

Thank you for clarifying. I’d still like to see what the device responds to when you use the next/prev buttons on the physical remote. Can you try pressing one of these buttons, note the exact local time + date when you press it and let me know this information?

Hi Noris,
Leave this with me and I will try this evening.
I’ll report back with times.

1 Like

Hi Noris,

As requested I’ve tried a few commands this evening, Wednesday 27th November 2019. The following is all GMT in the UK

From 18:30 - 18:44 I was listening to internet radio.
At 18:45 I open Roon on my iPad and browsed my library.
At 18:46 I Played an album and added a second album to the queue.
Then with my DSM handset,
At 18:47 I skipped forward - No response.
At 18:48 I skipped backward - No response.
At 18:49 I pressed pause - This worked, which it always does.
At 18:50 I pressed play - No response so I had to press play via Roon app on the iPad
At 18:51 I changed source input. Roon muted / paused but the new source didn’t engage.
Went back to iPad and pressed play via Roon app.
From experience if I want the alternative source I have to switch off the DSM and then press the relevant source button.

Let me know if the above makes sense and is of use.

HI @Tim_Rogerson,

Thank you for letting me know those timestamps. I have gone ahead and activated diagnostics mode for your account and what this action does is automatically upload a set of logs to our servers.

I can confirm that diagnostics have been received and I have passed them to the technical team for closer inspection into this behavior. It may take a bit of time to have diagnostics reviewed, but once I have more information to share I’ll be sure to let you know. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Noris,
Thanks for looking into this for me. No rush to be honest. None of this stops me from enjoying either the music or Roon.
Regards
Tim

1 Like

Hi @Tim_Rogerson,

Thanks again for letting me know those timestamps. I have discussed with our technical team regarding this issue and they have confirmed that this is expected behavior here, Linn integration only supports play/pause via the IR remote:

You can open a feature request regarding this behavior, but at the present time this is a known limitation. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.