Linn Klimax Exakt DSM stops at end of track

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon ROCK (1.0 build 183) on Intel NUC8I3 with 4Gb RAM and 250Gb SSD

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Cabled Ethernet, NUC and Network players are connected to same AmpliFi Router, AmpliFi Router
and Synology NAS DS1817+ with music library are connected through ethernet to ISP Router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Klimax Exakt DSM, I also have a Linn Klimax DSM (renew) and M2Tech HiFace Two USB DAC connected to NUC which do not have this issue.

I play music from NAS with ~10.000 Albums and Qobuz

Description Of Issue

Music stops at end of track for Klimax Exact DSM

Hi @Martin_Bresser,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. We are aware of a few reports regarding similar behavior and we are working with Linn on troubleshooting this issue, I can add your report to our investigation.

Just to confirm a few details here -

1. Does this issue only happen on the Exact DSM or does it appear to occur on the Klimax DSM as well?

2. When you experience this issue, is it after starting Roon Radio or does it occur when playing off a regular queue (such as a playlist for example)?

3. Does this issue occur only when playing Qobuz content or have you seen it occur when playing tracks only from your NAS?

4. Can you let me know the exact local time + date in your country when you next experience this behavior?

Hi noris,

Thanks for your reply, see my answers below. (Un)fortunately the problem has disappered for the moment.

I haven’t had the problem since I upgraded my Qobuz subscription from a trial Studio subscription to a Sublime+ subscription yesterday. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking:

1. Does this issue only happen on the Exact DSM or does it appear to occur on the Klimax DSM as well?

Only with the Exact DSM

1. When you experience this issue, is it after starting Roon Radio or does it occur when playing off a regular queue (such as a playlist for example)?

Occurs when playing Roon radio, not when I play a whole album. Not sure about playlists.

1. Does this issue occur only when playing Qobuz content or have you seen it occur when playing tracks only from your NAS?

I have checked a few tracks and each time the track that stopped was playing from Qobuz.

I tried a DSP filter to upsample all content between the Roon ROCK and the Exact DSM but that didn’t help.

1. Can you let me know the exact local time + date in your country when you next experience this behavior?

I will

Hi @Martin_Bresser,

Thank you for the additional information, I have added this to our investigation. When this behavior next occurs, please do let me know the exact local time + date so I can have this info available as well.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.