Linn Soundcast Direct Endpoints Lost After Core Reboot

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Ubuntu 20.04
1.7 build 571
Virtual Machine (VMware)
4 vCPUs
4GB RAM
40GB SSD
Intel® Xeon® E-2224 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Hard wired via Cisco SG300

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Linn Sneaky DS
Linn Akurate DSM

Description Of Issue

Since rebooting my core I can no longer see my Linn devices over “Linn soundcast Direct” or whatever the good protocol is called. I can see them only as AirPlay Endpoints and they work!

I can see all other endpoints in my house in Roon, just not the Linn soundcast endpoints.

I can control my Linn hardware with other renders, Spotify, Kazoo, Bubble, TuneIn Radio etc.

I can see in Konfig that the roon source is enabled on both Linn players.

I’m totally stumped why this has stopped working. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I’ve had this happen a few times with my Klimax system the last year, rebooting it solved the problem. Not in the last few months, though. My core is also on Ubuntu.

I’ve had this problem with my Linn Klimax Katalyst and Renew as well. First rebooting the server (SonicTransporter) and then restarting Roon again after the reboot does the trick.

I must have rebooted the core 4 times before posting. I do it this morning and it all springs back into life. Very odd! Either way, glad I’m back in action. Thanks for helping!

Hello @silkie, I’m glad this is resolved. Please let us know if the issue returns.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.