Linn stops at end of track

Got it, thanks Noris.

@noris, this is happening now, the stream just stops playing a Tidal playlist after a few songs by itself.
the time is 5:25 PM PDT 8/31/19 (1:26 AM BST 9/1/19).

Hi @QuinnT,

Thanks for letting me know those timestamps, I can confirm that the diagnostics have been retrieved and added to our investigation case. I can confirm that you are experiencing the similar behavior as other reports where the track stops one second before switching to the next one.

We have tried to reproduce this behavior in the lab, but have unable to successfully replicate it yet. Is there any specific action(s) that you perform immediately before this behavior occurs?

Thanks @noris.

I just did not do anything special, just let the music play and it happens, and I can understand as to why it is not easy to reproduce. I keep playing music for months and sometimes it just happens nondeterministically.

Thanks for letting me know @QuinnT.

I will check in with the hardware team again, but as mentioned, unless we can make this issue happen at-will or find a set of steps that cause it to occur each time, troubleshooting this will be quite difficult.

If you find any set of steps to reliably reproduce this behavior please do let me know, thanks!

@noris, ack’ed.

1 Like

Hi @QuinnT,

I wanted to reach out to you because I have discussed your case a bit further with the technical team and they have activated an additional diagnostics mode for your account, which will hopefully provide some more information when this issue next occurs.

It is still very important that we reproduce this issue in-house, but it is possible that this additional diagnostics info will help.

Can I please ask you to reboot your Core and then let me know the exact local time + date when this behavior next occurs? Thanks!

Thanks @noris, I will reboot my Core and let you know the exact local time when it happens again.

1 Like

@noris, Roon Radio just stops playing despite that there are many songs in the queue.

Local time is: 7:52 PM PDT, Date: 30th Sept 2019.

@noris, Roon stops playing a Playlist again despite there are 49 tracks remaining.

Local time is 10:22 PM PDT, Date: 30th Sept 2019.

3 posts were split to a new topic: iPhone displays previous track

Hi @QuinnT,

Thanks for letting me know those timestamps, I have re-activated diagnostics for your account and logs should be delivered once your Core is next online. Once these are received, I will be attaching them to the investigation.

Do note though that investigations such as these may take some time due to the collaboration between Roon and Linn. I will let you know as soon as we have further news, thanks in advance for your patience here!

@noris, it happens again, it stops just very near end of the track while there are some more tracks remaining.

Local time is 10:38 PM PST (San Francisco CA), date: Oct 2nd 2019.

Hi @QuinnT,

Thanks for that additional information. I can confirm that the diagnostics from your machine have been received and have been passed on to the technical team for this investigation. At the current time, there is no need to share additional timestamps. Once I have any further news or information needed for the investigation I will be sure to let you know, thanks!

Thanks @noris, ack’ed.

1 Like

It happened again this AM, restarting the Roon Server, switching to different machine did not help it. So I rebooted the linn, and it seemed to fix it. :slight_smile:

I also suffer from this problem with a Klimax DSM. I use ROCK on NUC 8i5. It is an intermittent problem. Fortunately, for long periods there are no issues. Then every now and again the player will freeze at the end of a track. It usually takes a couple of skip forwards, stop and starts, or starting the next track by manually moving the cursor to get things going again. Once it starts happening maybe two or three tracks are affected. It has happened with tracks from attached USB storage and streamed from Qobuz.

1 Like

Hi @QuinnT/@Newton_John,

Thanks for the additional info. We are still investigating this behavior and have an open ticket regarding this, however, it looks like there have been no new updates to it at this time.

1 Like

Thanks, Noris

It’s not a big deal for me, but, after seeing this thread, I thought I’d mention it happens for me too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.