Linux Roon Core Not Working on Proxmox KVM VM

One thing I noticed comparing the logs. On my server I see:

02/05 01:55:13 Trace: [realtime] fetching time from NTP server
02/05 01:55:14 Trace: [realtime] Got time from NTP: 2/5/2020 1:55:14 AM (3789856514154ms)

On your logs I only see the “fetching” line but not the followup later. It could just be that your server is dying before the NTP response is processed, but it might indicate an issue. Instead your logs say:

02/12 20:32:26 Warn: [realtime] failed to get time: Operation on non-blocking socket would block

I haven’t run a trace to see what NTP server the box is trying to communicate to. Do you have outbound ntp blocked by your firewall or anything like that? Maybe Roon is trying to hit a public ntp server and it can’t.

Hi Nugget,

Thank you for doing that for me. Really appreciated.

I figured it out. For what ever reason Proxmox was creating new VMs without KVM hardware virtualization enabled. Enabling this with a reboot and roon starts with no problems.

Thanks everyone for your help.

@noris would it be possible to get my trial reset as I’ve only just been able to get it working?

3 Likes

Hi @Andrew_Zak,

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue! I will follow up via private message regarding your trial, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.