Linux/RoonBridge stopped working after update to 1.8

While realizing it is the holiday season (happy holidays!) and many probably are … well on holiday. @noris @beka Do you have any comments on the feedback shared by @user21 and/or an estimate on when you might be able to come back with more information (perhaps even a solution)?

Hi

@user21 - Are you saying that Kernel 5.10 did not work on Debian 9/10/11? Did you get the same error?

@TheRealMuffin - Let me check with the team to see if we have any updates on their end.

Happy Holidays!

It is not about the kernel’s version, it is about some options in kernel’s config before compiling.

Hi @user21 ,

Thanks for that clarification, can you please let us know what options you have available? Is it possible for you to share a screenshot?

I have moved to another platform now and solved this problem long time ago, I cannot remember which option(s) is necessary for this function. Should be network related or something.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roonbridge 1.8 player does not appear

@noris Do you have any updates on this issue? I would expect the RoonBridge to have some debug modus that would provide some better insight into what is causing this failure (and perhaps enable us to help the development team).

I have got the same error.

RoonBridge1.8, RoonBridge_linuxarmv7hf @ beaglebone black industrial.

It works fine on my x86 and raspberry pi4b bridges.

./start.sh

00:00:00.038 Warn: get lock file path: /tmp/.rnbgem0-
00:00:01.469 Trace: [childprocess] using unix child process
00:00:01.713 Debug: PathForResource, filename: …/.update
00:00:01.764 Debug: PathForResource, candidate: /opt/RoonBridge/Bridge/…/.update
00:00:01.795 Debug: PathForResource, filename: RAATServer
00:00:01.800 Debug: PathForResource, candidate: /opt/RoonBridge/Bridge/RAATServer
00:00:01.803 Debug: PathForResource, filename: RoonBridgeHelper
00:00:01.808 Debug: PathForResource, candidate: /opt/RoonBridge/Bridge/RoonBridgeHelper
Initializing
00:00:02.067 Info: ConnectOrStartAndWaitForExit RAATServer, path: /opt/RoonBridge/Bridge/RAATServer
00:00:02.442 Info: Starting /opt/RoonBridge/Bridge/RoonBridgeHelper
Not Running (.o)
00:00:00.207 Warn: get lock file path: /tmp/.rnbhgem0-
Running
00:00:16.112 Warn: exception starting raatserver: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Connection refused
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient…ctor (System.String hostname, System.Int32 port) [0x0006d] in :0
at Sooloos.RAATServer.ConnectOrStartAndWaitForExit (System.String path, System.String args, System.Action1[T] status, Base.ChildProcess& p) [0x00165] in <1343b371799640c8af2e073b5b6c86e6>:0 Not Running (.o) 00:00:16.347 Debug: PathForResource, filename: ../.update 00:00:16.353 Debug: PathForResource, candidate: /opt/RoonBridge/Bridge/../.update 00:00:18.354 Info: ConnectOrStartAndWaitForExit RAATServer, path: /opt/RoonBridge/Bridge/RAATServer Running 00:00:24.385 Warn: exception starting raatserver: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Connection refused at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor (System.String hostname, System.Int32 port) [0x0006d] in <ef2b8cc0336c473382f0e9112dd3c795>:0 at Sooloos.RAATServer.ConnectOrStartAndWaitForExit (System.String path, System.String args, System.Action1[T] status, Base.ChildProcess& p) [0x00165] in <1343b371799640c8af2e073b5b6c86e6>:0
Not Running (.o)

Hi @zhjie ,

Thanks for the report here. Are you by any chance able to access your RoonBridge logs and send us a set? You may be able to poke around via SSH, I can’t say for sure where you installed RoonBridge on your device, but logs from a similar folder would be helpful: /var/roon/RoonBridge/Logs. Can you upload the logs here and let us know once uploaded? Thanks!

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Thanks. I’ve uploaded log files of RoonBridge and RAATServer.

1 Like

Hi Lars,

I’ve read your comments and solutions about SA custom kernels and stuff for Roon, but I see the repository is currently offline.

Is there any chance you found a working solution without upgrading the kernel? Or is it just the end of the SA devices running kernel 3.x?

I am using Maarten’s SA reloaded software, so upgrading to a newer image with a different kernel isn’t an option for me unfortunately. I don’t want to burden Maarten with this issue and having him try to develop something new. I stopped using Roon a while ago in favor of running LMS with a custom DSP plugin, but recently stumbled upon some issues so might reconsider switching back…

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Roon, why haven’t you guys come up with a solution for a legacy option or something to enable so we can all use Roonbridge on older versions? I understand it’s not ideal for security, but I think this would be best to use at your own risk.

The reason why I want to use the Roonbridge functionality is so that I can still use LMS on this device so my family members can use Spotify etc. Since you guys don’t support having multiple Tidal accounts and such on one Roon core, this is a must so everyone can have their own library! I am so hesitant to switch back to Roon, it seems they haven’t made any progress in the past two years and there are still major issues for some people with Roon. The only thing which seems to have been changed is an additional music service, as well as higher monthly prices…

Hi, I cannot respond with that account because it seems to be reset?!

Anyways, Roon asked me to take the custom RoonBridge I made offline as it was against their TOS, which I did. I have developed a fully working 5.10 Kernel for the SA RP+ check larsgrootkarzijn.nl. Also made a Debian version to go with it. It is a shame they are not willing to fix it. They asked me to send a full review on how I fixed it and what is going wrong. I send them this a year ago, but they unfortunately never fixed it.