List of updates from Roon on 1.8 issues

A mod should make this thread sticky

6 Likes

Would also like to see this stick in top.

Its good to see Roon Team is unemotionally reacting on some of the things which has been detected since the update.

Thanks for this and Thanks to the Roon Team

12 Likes

Not sure this ones on this list.

5 Likes

Thank you for doing this. I wish that those who feel like they are wandering in the wilderness with no appreciation from Roon for the pain they’re feeling could all read this - I had no idea this many things had already been “accepted” as either defects or quick improvements. This is a lot of the core issues… here’s to fast progress for those who’ve experienced some of what’s rolled out as a downgrade!

7 Likes

Excellent thread, much appreciated.

As someone generally quite pleased with 1.8, the Focus AND/OR issue has been an obvious quirk that needed fixing with 1.8, so very pleased to see the response.

1 Like

Added:

1 Like

Hi Simon,

Thank you. I did see that response, but wanted to make some distinction between issues that are effecting some users which will require technical support and functionality/behaviour across all users that will be restored or improved.

But obviously you and anyone else are very welcome to add responses from the Roon team to the thread as you see fit.

1 Like

Added:

1 Like

@danny commentary on “in the Prime” artist feature:

Remove “In Their Prime” – it’ ageist, insulting to the artist and ridiculously subjective [not on roadmap] - Roon Software / Feature Requests - Roon Labs Community

3 Likes

Thanks RobOK,

I’ve also been following that thread, but I didn’t add it to my OP as the current response from Roon is only about the renaming of the feature:

But of course, your post is now in the thread and very welcome. :grinning:

Edit:

Due to a new response from Roon…

Added:

1 Like

I’m including this recent post in the thread as although it doesn’t address any specific issue it does further indicate our feedback is being read and work is in progress:

1 Like

Also you can simply track all posts from moderators group and pay attention to the comments highlighted in yellow: https://community.roonlabs.com/g/moderators/activity/posts

9 Likes

What a relief these answers are! And thank you for the overview.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Making albums displayed smaller on the screen

Just a polite reminder that this thread is for collating responses from the Roon team on issues with 1.8.

If you have an issue that hasn’t yet been reported it would likely be more effective if you create a new support/Feature request topic, where other users can also report if the issue effects them and discuss similar concerns.

My secondary objective in creating this listing was to avoid the same issues being rereported throughout the forum; allowing space for other issues to gain some attention.

Many thanks.

9 Likes

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the kind comment.

Just to clarify that I’m not a mod, so the restriction you suggest wouldn’t help. The topic is indeed pinned.

I̶’̶m̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶o̶w̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶m̶a̶i̶n̶t̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶.̶

Forum/Roon staff are more than welcome to update my OP and of course forum members can continue to suggest responses from Roon for inclusion in that list.

I’m glad it has been useful for so many, and thank you to all members that have provided support. :smiley:

I hope that going forward the Roon team will consider the usefulness of collating their actionable responses/updates into a single topic for future releases, or something similar…

11 Likes

I understand, thanks for starting up this good initiative. Hope Roon will pick up something similar in a dedicated “closed” topic where you can read all their responses, without other people responding/polluting there. That would also prevent many, many duplicate topics in this forum, I think.

Kind regards,
Gerard

3 Likes

Thank you for your effort and great initiative.

2 Likes