Live at the Wireless; Triple R videos

As some of you might remember my favourite radio station is 3RRR here in my home town, Melbourne. It’s a subscriber funded station with a mix of talk and presenter curated music. Melbourne has 3 subscriber stations, the others being 3PBS (all music except Classical) and 3MBS (all Classical). You can find them all on Live Radio.

When I’m not listening to RRR the other stations I really like are PBS, FIP (France), Radio Paradise (USA) and Planet Pootwaddle (USA).

For a while now RRR has been in its own building, a former lingerie factory now fully kitted out with studios, music library and a performance space.

What I only just found out was that they’ve been diligently recording and videoing appearances in the performance space and make them available online for free.

So check them out if you want to see what we were listening to in Melbourne before we were all so rudely interrupted by this mongrel virus.

PS: @Henri, what do you think of Cable Ties ?

@andybob

As some of you might remember my favourite radio station is 3RRR here in my home town, Melbourne.

Well what a small world. I used to be an announcer on RRR, albeit for fleeting moments. It used to be so much fun. I also recall some of the relocations RRR had to make in its long journey.

Gosh was I saddened by the passing of Stephen ‘The Ghost’ Walker - such a wealth of knowledge! He formed the bulk of my radio listening at a certain period of my life.

As for PBS…I’ve been into their studios a few times - mostly to do some interviews. I used to love their live recordings.

Given you like the above Melbourne stations & I’ve not heard of FIP (France), Radio Paradise (USA) and Planet Pootwaddle (USA), I’ll give those a listen. Thanks for the recommendations. :sunglasses:

1 Like