Live Radio - anyone else seeing this weirdness

Has also been happening to me in the UK - BBC Radio 6 Music.Bizarrely, sometimes when it tells me that the station doesn’t exist, it still allows me to play it…! Most recent time was around 8pm GMT last night

Just checked again, problems persist.

Sometimes its “unable to play …” sometimes its “station does not exist”, sometimes its work.

Basically Live Radio is not useable as of this writing.

It seems all my “local stations” are affected, its simply a < 50% chance they will play, no clear pattern why stations are playing sometimes and sometimes not

Is is not correct to state that Live Radio is not useable.
It is, but you have to be persistent, and try 2 or 3 times if necessarry. I too find it very annoying, but we just have to hold on till the Roon team has looked into this.
Dirk

1 Like

I just changed those URLs yesterday. Not related to these Roon problems but may help you.

I have also experienced this odd behavior with the Live Radio feature for the past week or so…

Thanks for the details, everyone. I’m seeing some similar problems on my end and I’ve passed a report along to our team. It doesn’t seem to be happening to me as often as it is for some of you, though. I’ll reach out once the team has been able to investigate.

4 Likes

Same problem for me in the UK, frequently when accessing BBC Radio4.

This has happened more often lately, station from Sweden and Norway.

I’d like to add, this is only a lookup problem for me. Once the stream, any stream, is playing it’s rock solid.

1 Like

Since a few weeks, I also noticed this behaviour of Roon. At first, the impression was given that the problem was the user’s own installation, i.e. network streaming, because rebooting and patiently restarting the radio station did solve the problem, but the other members of the household think this is an outdated procedure and prefer to spend the subscription money on a new hardware radio like the one they used to have, which never failed, by the way. My promotion of modern streaming makes little impression on them.

I have a very fast internet connection that is used intensively for professional purposes and no problems have been detected.

But I also have Roon at a second residence and the same thing happens there. This is always interesting for troubleshooting, because now it becomes more likely that the problem lies with Roon and not with the end user.

Perhaps one is dealing with an improvement with the opposite effect, called “Verschlimbesserung” in German. Or is it a childhood illness at an advanced age?

Let’s hope that Roon will take action, because the problem wasn’t there before.

Greetings

2 Likes

Same problem for me in Germany

1 Like

Hi everyone, I just wanted to confirm that our team has a ticket in for this and are working on a solution. I’ll be sure to keep this thread updated when we have more info!

4 Likes

thanks Dylan, please add to effort also the fix to the loose of library… radio can be important but library is critical

Thks again

For what it’s worth, I see this with most radio stations in Roon but not FLAC encoded streams. Where I have a choice of streams the FLAC one works while the others generate “track failed to load” error.

And that is what I call a clue.

Seems to be resolved for me. Stations are opening fine now without having to click several times.

1 Like

I have the same experience. For me this topic can get the’solution’ stamp
Dirk

Yeah, I haven’t seen this in a while. Thanks Roon, good job!

(Now watch, it will happen 10 times tonight…)

It’s been resolved for me too, for a few days now.

Didn’t fix radio stations just stopping every few minutes, needing to be restarted. But I haven’t seen that one message. Baby steps…