Roon Core Machine

ROCK running on Intel NUC i8

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Telekom Speedport Pro & Mesh WLAN

Connected Audio Devices

Several Ropieee devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Live Radio is not showing any stations anymore. After some time a error message appears: “Please check your internet connection”.
However, the last selected station is still working. So, the internet connection is fine.
I rebooted the Nuc several times, rebooted my entire network, but still no stations show up.

In the LOG file in the ROCK is get a huge number of these messages:
04/27 16:22:55 Debug: [easyhttp] [93] GET to https://internetradio.roonlabs.net/2/api/categories/toplevel?count=20000&format=msgpack& timed out after 60001 ms

Since everything else in my network is working fine and since I can listen to a Live Radio station via ROON, there must be something else wrong here.
I also cleared the Cache without success…

Maybe a bug introduced with the update yesterday?
I never had this issue before and ROON is running stable since I installed it.

Regards
Jochen

I just started having the same problem with Live Radio, core running on an M1 Mac Mini.

Hi @Jochen_Hammer and @David_Roberts, sorry you’re having issues here. I’ve checked and am seeing the same. We’re in the process of looking into it.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but we should have it sorted soon.

3 Likes

Since I installed build 933, I cannot get live radio to work. When I select any station in “Live Radio” or “My Live Radio” it hangs for a couple on minutes and then it says “error loading radio station”. Restarted roon core, no luck. I can confirm it worked in previous roon version(s).
I can connect to the mp3-URLs of the radio stations via browser.

Internet connection is working, because roon core can check for updates in Info section.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2 Likes

@Udo_Bongards , just tested “My Live Radio”, and I get the same. My Live Radio hangs at the Roon animated logo then errors.
Remote on Windows 10, 1.8 (build 933)

1 Like

YES Internet Radio R.I.P. ?! same here

@Udo_Bongards , just tested “Live Radio”, and I get the same. Live Radio hangs at the Roon animated logo then errors (There is no issue with my Internet connection; currently streaming Qobuz/Tidal in another Zone).
Remote on Windows 10, 1.8 (build 933)

1 Like

Same here.

However, My Live Radio seems to be working.

I get the same error on Live Radio and My Live Radio, the Roon logo spins for a while and then error. On windows 11. It worked fine before update 933.

1 Like

Moved a number of posts to this thread where Roon has acknowledged the problem.
Thank you for your patience and understanding

2 Likes

Just an update for everyone here. We’ve discovered a glitch in the Roon cloud service which is impacting the radio database along with a few other functions. We’re on it and hope to have it resolved soon.

5 Likes

Roon Core Machine

Connected Audio Devices

Description of Issue

Haven’t been able to access Roon Radio for the past hour or so, via Windows or Android. Screen says “Check your internet connection,” but streaming music via Tidal works fine and other computers see the internet. Logos for stations saved under “My Live Radio” appear but will not play; no stations show under “Live Radio.”

1 Like

Same here…

1 Like

Same for me!!

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

Rock on NUC i5

Connected Audio Devices

Description of Issue

Live Radio is not working since Rock installed Build 933. Error message is check interner connectivity. This is up as the Rock can stream Tidal tracks.

I have same problem

same here. any solutions yet or a way to roll back…?

I also have this problem, besides the search is returning with “There was a problem with your search”.

This started to occur after the update to version 933.

noticing similar, but both on a build 933 server and a build 931 server - so it may be something else then the upgrade to 933 - perhaps further upstream in Roon’s infrastructure.

• ‘live radio’ page: ‘please check your internet connection’
  • ‘my live radio’: overview page loads, but clicking through to stations yields spinning Roon logo, station logo not showing.

(checked with ROCK on 931, MacOS and Linux servers on 933. UK based)

same here… I also had to reenter my password in order to access Qobuz, which did work,